broken handlebar clutch housing

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
P****d off and that is an understatement . yesterday when I parked the beast on the lift table she got away from me and started leaning left to a point I could no longer hold it so I accompanied her on her way down and she gently touched the edge of my workbench and rested against the bench that was enough for the mirror stem to BREAK the cheap clutch housing at the weakest place and to coumpound the trouble the clutch safety switch also broke .the darn thing is mounted right beside the mirror stem in line with the clutch lever .
so I mooseyed down to the local dealer and ordered parts , one outside left cluch housing but the switch cannot be bought separately the inner housing must be also purchased to get the switch which is nowhere connected to this inner housing and it is an extra $125 .for a part I do not need I checked the bandit site same story so right now I start the bike with a paper clip stuck in the safety switch when I want to start and ride and will wait for the outside housing to replace the broken one

I also cracked the windscreen ........ what a day! all this ranting to find out if somebody out there knows how to get just the safety switch!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 113
**** that's too bad, I don't think you could have done more damage if you took a single, planned swing with a bat. :mad:

Bummer.

Ouch… Pooh Bum… Bugger, I'm sure are the only words that left your mouth:mad:

On more serious note I think those little workshop or sidestand whoopses are worse than a fall while out riding cos you end up kicking something and breaking a toe, hey at least it was not your tank resting against the bench:eek:

Back