theharleydr

.020 Over
just finished tuning my 05 151 lb ft and 145 hp
down for a while with clutch issues, the roller bearing update is every thing!
Also stator was out with a grounded leg.
While motor was out shimmed valves,wrapped headers, added a 3 to 1 pipe and tuned to 13.2-15.3 AFR throughout rpm range.
2 dyno sessions and 213 miles later the exhaust cam breaks at #2. Looks burned and galled.

Picked up an 06 head and noticed the oil feed to the cam ladder is jetted as opposed to the open port on the o5.
Any ideas why only that lobe would burn ?
34444 miles on the clock.
rebuilt trans with issue 1 update at 19k.
new clutch lifter piece and wafer bearing @24k
new clutch pack and wafer at 29k
stator and clutch upgrade at 34k
now a head and cams.
:mad:

just finished tuning my 05 151 lb ft and 145 hp
down for a while with clutch issues, the roller bearing update is every thing!
Also stator was out with a grounded leg.
While motor was out shimmed valves,wrapped headers, added a 3 to 1 pipe and tuned to 13.2-15.3 AFR throughout rpm range.
2 dyno sessions and 213 miles later the exhaust cam breaks at #2. Looks burned and galled.
AF1QipOzc999S-E7L8z1DucvxsI2RBJu2eidL51bsLK_

Picked up an 06 head and noticed the oil feed to the cam ladder is jetted as opposed to the open port on the o5.
Any ideas why only that lobe would burn ?
34444 miles on the clock.
rebuilt trans with issue 1 update at 19k.
new clutch lifter piece and wafer bearing @24k
new clutch pack and wafer at 29k
stator and clutch upgrade at 34k
now a head and cams.
:mad:
SO what oil are you running ?

Would like to get a look at the pictures if you can try loading them again. Also just so you know Triumph did change the head gasket some you might want to get the newer style.

I bet during the pulldown a little piece of gasket glue or some such has got into the oil gallery. The head gasket,I don't think has any bearing on oil supply to the head, but the oil jet does. If that's blocked, the ex cam will run dry. 15.3 AF is fuc$ed up lean BTW.

Ok. I'm not the only one who thought 15.3 is to lean. I would reset those numbers from 12.5 to 14.7 max. I use 12.5 to 14.2 on my Dobeck Performance AFR Plus. My right leg never gets hot.

Just to be clear I did not mean the head gasket could cause this. I was still waiting to find out whether the cam was broken or just had a galled up lobe like from to high of a A/F and grabbing a valve. My mention of the head Gasket was to make sure when you go back together with her you have the newer style head gasket.

Back