broken clutch lifter shaft

Does anyone know if there is a better lifter shaft out there for a 08 rocket tour. Just broke mine. Thanks

I think warp or wayne tripp posted something about a newer version of that part at some stage mate . Think it was warp .maybe pm him. Mine broke but was replaced under warranty about 2 years ago

yes,,,search my thread "lost clutch.. suddenly"

Does anyone know if there is a better lifter shaft out there for a 08 rocket tour. Just broke mine. Thanks

The part numbers are there and the new lifter shaft is definitely more robust. I had the job done in about 3hrs. I wasn't too upset 'cause my 08 touring needed the coolant changed anyway. It took longer to R&R radiator than anything else. If you have more questions PM me.

FYI,,,I also had to replace the actual clutch shaft because it was fractured. Had I not seen that, the same thing would have happened to the new lifter shaft. It's probable that the damage to mine was done before I bought it, and no doubt due to the fact that it was not adjusted correctly.

Thanks for the replys. Got the new lifter shaft in but the clutch lifter is back ordered. Was thinking of using my old clutch lifter. Its not bent or broke. I just have heavier springs. I think I`m going to ease down on stop light axcelleration.

There are better, and less expensive clutch fibres out there. I think they are MTC, but I could be wrong as it is a couple of years since I did mine. PM Warp as he knows all the details.

Back