British torture device.

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
I am currently about half way done with my maiden voyage on the R3 Touring. I bought my R3 from the Boise Indian store. ( They sell a brand of MC called an Indian. You can not purchase live Indians native or otherwise. That is called slavery. Slavery is bad.) Anywho as I devour the miles on my 7 hour journey I am making a mental list of what to do to the R3 first. Surprisingly trying to make more power is not close to the top of the list. In stock form this bike pulls hard and hauls ass. That brings me to the topic at hand. MY ASS HURTS. No I do not have a gay lover. (No offense if you do. I couldn't care less) The stock seat sucks! I'm not sure if Corbin is for me. I have heard they are good if you are big. I are big. 6 foot and 300 pounds big. Actually I weigh more than that but it's between me and Jenny Craig as I sit here and write this sitting in a KFC booth in Winnemucca, NV. Any who Every time my tail bone and psiatic nerves scream at me I just blip the throttle and I grin through the pain. Love and kisses you animals! NORM

Seats are certainly not a one size fits all deal. Have you ever had a Corbin on anything else? They are hard and break in slowly. I love them, but at 6'2" 180 lbs, not exactly the same size as you. If you want the Cadillac of seats you might want to consider a Russel Day Long. They look like they belong on a tractor, but many long distance riders swear by them. Not cheap, but the best rarely is.

Seats are certainly not a one size fits all deal. Have you ever had a Corbin on anything else? They are hard and break in slowly. I love them, but at 6'2" 180 lbs, not exactly the same size as you. If you want the Cadillac of seats you might want to consider a Russel Day Long. They look like they belong on a tractor, but many long distance riders swear by them. Not cheap, but the best rarely is.

Russel for me. 6'2 250 with a sensitive tail bone. I'm in line to have my 13 Roadster seat done. Had one on my 07 & 08. 600+ miles a day was no issue for me. I'm planning on the next one will be as good.
No doubt, they look like a tractor seat.

The trend Iv kind of noticed is that guys under 200lb seem to be fairly happy with the stock roadster seat, no idea how the touring compares.

Guys over 250 seem to be happy with the Corbin.

The Russell seems to fit everyone Lol.

The stock seat isn't really that bad, comparatively speaking. Just ugly. But a big guy should fill the whole curve of the seat and get good support. ;)

Another thing to look into for long runs might be an Airhawk. They do genuinely work on eliminating hotspots.

I just put a Mustang seat on mine. Awesome in most ways, but holy hell was it snug. And by snug I mean I had to put a strap around the front brake to create a parking brake, lean with my full strength/weight against the rear of the seat with the left hand and shove it forward against the tank with one hand until the seat cover wrinkled up against the tank, insert bolt... and then the real hard work began of trying to get the other mounting tab over the mounting hole by literally hanging off the lower lefthand part of the seat to yank it down and forward. It's pretty much a two-man job, only barely managed it.

But it sure is pretty, and fairly comfy already, does need some break-in.

I am currently about half way done with my maiden voyage on the R3 Touring. I bought my R3 from the Boise Indian store. ( They sell a brand of MC called an Indian. You can not purchase live Indians native or otherwise. That is called slavery. Slavery is bad.) Anywho as I devour the miles on my 7 hour journey I am making a mental list of what to do to the R3 first. Surprisingly trying to make more power is not close to the top of the list. In stock form this bike pulls hard and hauls ass. That brings me to the topic at hand. MY ASS HURTS. No I do not have a gay lover. (No offense if you do. I couldn't care less) The stock seat sucks! I'm not sure if Corbin is for me. I have heard they are good if you are big. I are big. 6 foot and 300 pounds big. Actually I weigh more than that but it's between me and Jenny Craig as I sit here and write this sitting in a KFC booth in Winnemucca, NV. Any who Every time my tail bone and psiatic nerves scream at me I just blip the throttle and I grin through the pain. Love and kisses you animals! NORM
You and I are in the same height and weight class. @canecorso made a custom seat, wants to make more, I'm going to Toronto in the near future, he will measure and fit mine, drop him a PM.

300 + lbs I suggest you stop eating for a month that would be the best thing to do and Im sure loosing 130 lbs will make you feel a lot better LOL

Back