British Motorcycle Gear Jacket

snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Challenger jacket. Got this back in Nov. Have used it in 40 degree weather with just a t shirt and 80 degree with t shirt and no liner. Seems pretty versatile and has more pockets than I can count. Well built and I would recommend for touring. The sleeve has a zippered vent that's 3/4 the length of the sleeve and vents in the back of jacket. Very comfortable neck closure as well. If you can't tell...I'm bored;)

Last edited:
I got a really nice Triumph leather jacket (T-Bird jacket) when I bought my Thunderbird last week. It's a bit, like most leather jackets, heavy but it's also very warm like good leather jackets are. It also has the CE rated shoulder and elbow armour. It's pretty pricey at $459.99 but, again, I got free for buying a Thunderbird. I was going to buy the bike anyway so I thought it was a pretty nice throw in buy Triumph. :)

Very nice, mine was about two fitty at the International Moto Show. Got it for the trip to Yellowstone. This jacket has the armour like yours as well as back armour.

Last edited:
It's a good looking jacket. $250 isn't bad; in line or cheaper than most similar jackets. I'd like to find some nice, warm, riding pants, that have zippers on the legs to allow for step thru access. I *finally* found some decent gloves that are good to around the middle 30s. My hands still get a bit cold at that temp, but not numb as before. The gloves are Triumph "Action" gloves. They're wind and rain proof. I could likely stay comfy in them at temps in the 20s on my Tiger as I also have the handguards installed on that bike. Of course, all 3 of my bikes are pre-wired for heated grips, but (other than this year) we just don't see that many cold days to warrant the cost, IMO. Frankly, I'm not riding in butt freezing temps unless I have to. I rode a couple of weeks ago when it was 34 when I left the house. That was for a Toys for Tots ride and I knew it was going to warm up to low 50s. Otherwise, I'd have kept my butt in the cozy confines of my house. ;)

The best gloves I have are some cheap synthetic mitts. There is nothing between the fingers and I guess the body heat from the fingers touching is what makes them so warm. My hands actually sweat some times but stay toasty in most temps except for when it's so cold I have no business riding. I got them at a motorcycle clothing store that specializes in "cheap" stuff.

I've got gloves out the ying-yang, it's the one thing I can't seem to get right. Either my hands are too cold and I loose feeling, or they get too hot and sweat ... then get cold because theyre wet and loose feeling. It must be the change of life old people thing. When I start smelling like moth balls, someone shoot me. :eek:

I use the Duluth Trading Force 9 Cargo pants for cold weather riding and the work great. Waterproof, fleece lined, zipper at cuff with snap over flap to seal against your boots. They are also double layered in the knees and butt, zippers at the side to let you access your pants if you use them as overpants, and have generous secure side and leg pockets if you don't want to sit on your wallet when you ride. Highly recommended.

I use the Duluth Trading Force 9 Cargo pants for cold weather riding and the work great. Waterproof, fleece lined, zipper at cuff with snap over flap to seal against your boots. They are also double layered in the knees and butt, zippers at the side to let you access your pants if you use them as overpants, and have generous secure side and leg pockets if you don't want to sit on your wallet when you ride. Highly recommended.

I use snowmobile overpants when the weather turns too cold. I got mine from Cabela's. Works like a champ with 1200 gram insultated boots. Long zipper up the side, bib style, with large external pockets and a belt/suspenders combo for keeping in place.

Back