Bridgestone R701 speed and load rating?

zimtuff

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Trimuph Rocket
The Bridgestone R701,being a 150/80/R17 front tyre,should fit our rockets,but does anyone know the speed and load rating on this tyre?
Would it be suitable to run with the Exedra Max on the rear?

The only thing I could find is that it is the OEM tyre for a Valk.

speed H
load 72

several people are using this with Excedra Max rear

I think it is a G701 and is H rated

No ,its definately an R701.Its on Eurotred's site,they are the Australian distributor of Bridgestone MC tyres

Link Removed

EDIT Im a little confused now,because when you click on this link it doesnt show a R701,but it does show a G701 in the 150/80/R17 size with a 72H load and speed rating.

Problem solved,its a misprint. The tyre pic shows it as an Exedra G701

Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question on load ratings.Does a load rating mean the maximum weight you can put on a single tyre ,or the max weight of the bike regardless of how much weight is on each tyre?
Because a "72" rated tyre like the B/stone 150/80/R17 is good for 355kg which is under the wet weight of most Rockets. Mine comes to 375 kgs with a full tank .

I was just looking through the oz B/stone catalog and 150/80/R17 shows a V (149MPH) speed rating as well as a H(135MPH)

http://www.eurotred.com.au/tyres_2011/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
No ,its definately an R701.Its on Eurotred's site,they are the Australian distributor of Bridgestone MC tyres

Link Removed

EDIT Im a little confused now,because when you click on this link it doesnt show a R701,but it does show a G701 in the 150/80/R17 size with a 72H load and speed rating.

Problem solved,its a misprint. The tyre pic shows it as an Exedra G701

Link Removed

And looks like this installed.

With a MAX on the back.

At last it looks as if we at last have excellent tire options, front and rear, for the Rocket. I just had a front Metz installed at a friend's shop and it will be the last one. I never seriously considered the Avons because they have about the same wear ratings as the Metz, that is, tire life seems to be about the same. I have Bridgestones on my VStrom and they handle beautifully and are long life tires. I have 15K on my original front. I replaced the rear as a precaution prior to riding home from Texas but was probably premature. At the end of 2400 miles the front showed no signs of wear. Granted, it is a much lighter bike but is in the same class as the BMW 1150GS and I burned through Metz' pretty quickly on that.

Back