Dalan

Supercharged
Ride
2015 R3R
Anybody using this tire for the front with the Excedra max rear? Or with any other rear tire?

Bridgestone Exedra G701 150/80R17 Front Tire

I had the 701 on the front with an Excedra 852 on the rear. Have had no issues riding with this tire. No complaints in the rain or shine. Tire seems to grip well in the twisties but I am not the most aggressive rider. Of the group of older guys that I ride with, I'd have to say that I am the most aggressive in the twisties but as a whole I'm fairly conservative. The tire currently has over 15,000 kms on it with little cupping where as my previous Metzler was cupping at 10,000 kms. I should get at least another 5000 kms on this tire

The 701 was paired with the Excedra 852 for 11,000 kms before the rear tire was switched back to a Metzler (due to a dealer screw up which left me with no choice during a rear tire change while travelling)

The 701 paired to the Metzler (for 4000 kms) was also fine except for the poorer handling performance with the rear Metzler.

I'd have no problem purchasing another given the price and good wear characteristics. I did notice that this tire can give a bit of a scare in wet weather when cornering and hitting the painted center line or those slippery road/tar snakes everyone hates. But the Metzler I previously had on the front was just as slippery.

I'm currently running this tire my Roadster, and have ~4k miles with no abnormal wear. No issues whatsoever.

I'm on my 3rd on my VTX1800. I get between 10 - 12K out of them on the VTX, compared to ~5k out of the stock Dunlops. IMO, a good tire at a good price. I pick them up on Amazon.

Ted

Back