Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Starting tomorrow I start "training" to sell Triumphs, Ducatis, and KTMs, order parts and the making of myself to be generally useful around my favorite Triumph dealer in Pensacola. I gave my two week notice to the Navy Exchange which will end on 7 June to start full time at D and D Cycles on June 10th.

So instead of blaming that "18 year old" mechanic or parts guy you can now blame a balding, overweight, "mature" 55 year old guy.
Dennis

I would think this would be a little more farther away, but stop by when you are in town. A lot of remodeling will be starting shortly, "we" are expanding and I don't mean my waistline.
Dennis

Starting tomorrow I start "training" to sell Triumphs, Ducatis, and KTMs, order parts and the making of myself to be generally useful around my favorite Triumph dealer in Pensacola. I gave my two week notice to the Navy Exchange which will end on 7 June to start full time at D and D Cycles on June 10th.

So instead of blaming that "18 year old" mechanic or parts guy you can now blame a balding, overweight, "mature" 55 year old guy.
Dennis

Gawd Dennis, you change jobs like a whore changes customers....what's up with that??

Dennis

hey,hey!

congratulations there,Dennis! hope you have a good time with your new endeavor.......

greg:D

Good for you!!! Down in Pepsicola it should be a good year 'round gig.

I used to sell bikes years ago (ahem :eek:) and figured out a few things that made me some coin. Don't judge people by their appearance, I helped one dirtbag that wanted a bike and he had coffee cans full of 20's to prove it. No one else would help him, and to be honest I only helped him because I was bored. I was the first one to sell a bike to a girl in that shop also.

People that say they want one kind of bike but but keep looking at another will buy that second bike right the fark now if you just give them a little nudge :D...... (You don't want that Speed Triple... You need that Rocket)

If they are buying accessories suggest other related stuff, they may not even know such things even exist. People love to shop and will often buy new discoveries.

Just make it fun.. ask for the sale to close the deal. You have to kind of learn how to "sense" where your customer is at. Some people are almost antisocial but will keep coming back in to look at bikes. I always let these guys develop at their own pace :).

You'll do great.....

My God Dennis you took my Job!!! I wanted that job and you got it. OK you can have it, what are friends for anyway. I'll give you enough grief now that I know where I can find you. You are in trouble now pal. You just wait! I suppose I will be relegated to the back as usual to get my hands dirty as usual. Not!! Dink wants me to show him how to be a machinist since he will be getting an old lathe and mill. Congratulations ;)

Back