BreakAway Cruise Control

Bob T

.040 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
OK - Time to fit a Throttle Lock on this beast. So I ordered the 7CP01 BreakAway after watching the YouTube video's and other comments it seems the best way to go.
It's currently sitting in its package on my desk at work and I opened up the instructions. I think I am facing a lot of cursing and brain ache, 10 pages? Seriously? But I will prevail and get this fitted tonight.
So I will attempt to document the install and it's performance once I get to use it - which hopefully will be tomorrow IF I haven't thrown a tantrum and dumped it in the trash! :confused:

OK - Time to fit a Throttle Lock on this beast. So I ordered the 7CP01 BreakAway after watching the YouTube video's and other comments it seems the best way to go.
It's currently sitting in its package on my desk at work and I opened up the instructions. I think I am facing a lot of cursing and brain ache, 10 pages? Seriously? But I will prevail and get this fitted tonight.
So I will attempt to document the install and it's performance once I get to use it - which hopefully will be tomorrow IF I haven't thrown a tantrum and dumped it in the trash! :confused:

good luck ...
I installed mine took me a whole afternoon to rig it properly and now since I realized I do not like the look of it on the handle bar I am selling it should have thought about it before!!

good luck ...
I installed mine took me a whole afternoon to rig it properly and now since I realized I do not like the look of it on the handle bar I am selling it should have thought about it before!!

Well that's encouraging LOL o_O

I made do with a Throttle Rocker look-a-like. Took 5 seconds to install. :) But I'll follow the thread and see how you make out.

I had one of those. Simple and effective and brilliant for giving the right hand a rest or for freeing it up momentarily while maintaining speed. I'd caution against using it as a cruise control though. Not knocking the product at all; it is what is. But just want to share an experience. I was doing about 130km/h on the highway when the car I was passing decided to swerve in front of me. Instinctively I hit the brakes. Front wheel locked and the back kept driving. Fortunately I had time (and presence of mind) to let go the brake and wind off the throttle before braking again. Very nearly came down and very nearly hit the car. Scared the crap of me. 99.9% of the time you'd be winding off the throttle before dabbing the brakes, but in a panic situation you just mightn't time it right. I now prefer to use a throttle boss. Not quite as effective but much much safer.

If an actual cruise control is what you want then something that is cancelled by the brakes, like the BreakAway, is the best way to go.

Last edited:
I had one of those. Simple and effective and brilliant for giving the right hand a rest or for freeing it up momentarily while maintaining speed. I'd caution against using it as a cruise control though. Not knocking the product at all; it is what is. But just want to share an experience. I was doing about 130km/h on the highway when the car I was passing decided to swerve in front of me. Instinctively I hit the brakes. Front wheel locked and the back kept driving. Fortunately I had time (and presence of mind) to let go the brake and wind off the throttle before braking again. Very nearly came down and very nearly hit the car. Scared the crap of me. 99.9% of the time you'd be winding off the throttle before dabbing the brakes, but in a panic situation you just mightn't time it right. I now prefer to use a throttle boss. Not quite as effective but much much safer.

If an actual cruise control is what you want then something that is cancelled by the brakes, like the BreakAway, is the best way to go.

Holy $hit, Canberra!
You was using the Go Cruise at 130 km/h and didn't close the throttle reaching for the front brake???
I woulda crapped myself as well.

Back