speedfreak

.060 Over
Hey guys IM finally a ROCKET 3 OWNER,I purchased a 07 black standard,with 459 miles for 8 grand,bike is immaculate,the previous owner took it in at 250 miles for a recall at the dealership in Ma,and they went ahead and did the first oil,but thats been almost 2 years the guy just didnt drive the bike,should I go ahead and have the oil changed again since its old,and what are the recommendations for breaking this bad boy in ,thanks again Im just happy to finnally own a ROCKET WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Hey guys IM finally a ROCKET 3 OWNER,I purchased a 07 black standard,with 459 miles for 8 grand,bike is immaculate,the previous owner took it in at 250 miles for a recall at the dealership in Ma,and they went ahead and did the first oil,but thats been almost 2 years the guy just didnt drive the bike,should go ahead and have the oil changed again since its old,and what are the recommendations breaking this bad boy in ,thanks again Im just happy to finnally own a ROCKET WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Sounds like you're stoked! Good, you should be.
As for the prospect of beating on a bike that's been sitting for 2years...

I'd take for a leisurely 100mile stroll to make sure that everything is still in working order. I'd hate for you to have a catastrophic failure on your first voyage. Put in the garage on top of some cardboard and let is cool down and sit for a while. Check the cardboard and see if you have any leaks.

If not, .... then... 'game on'. Take it out on a nice road and see what she'll do. :D

I would changed the fluids if it were me. As far as break in, don't rev it hard going through the gears, don't go over 80 mph and avoid hard braking except for an emergency and, of course, vary your speed. I'd do this up to the 500 mile mark and then call it good, but still not get too crazy until I was over 1000 miles. I don't have my R3T anymore, but I'm pretty sure that's what it called for in the manual.

+1 on what RocketDaryl said. I'd change the oil at least and then follow the rest of the instructions.

Sounds like you got a great deal. Also look at the tires and check the pressures the first couple of times before you head out.

oldsprint03

Congrats, speedfreak!

Were there any goodies beyond OEM stuff added on to the deal?

Enjoy the ride!

This is one thread nobody wants to see pics on.
At least of the impecable pecs and transgender thing..
On another note,
congrats speedfreak..
Welcome to the world of rocketeering.

Back