Brakeaway Mechanical Cruise Control

Tommy Boy

.020 Over
Ride
2015 R3T, 1997 Honda Valkyrie
Got home from work today and installed a Brakeaway 7CP04 on my 2015 r3t. This is the first on I have installed and it was quick and easy. Only took about 15 mins. Seems to work just fine. looking forward to getting out on the road to check it out.

When I bought my bike I rode it home about 200 miles and my right wrist was starting to hurt. I know this will help.

Keep the shinny side up!

I love mine on longer trips especially when you get on the Super slab style motorways they are starting to build increasing number taking away all the nice twisty bits

I love mine on longer trips especially when you get on the Super slab style motorways they are starting to build increasing number taking away all the nice twisty bits
Tell me about it. The central part of Oklahoma where I live has the fewest number of twisty road out of all the places I've lived. It's almost like they used graph paper to lay out all the roads and didn't want to go out of the lines.

Got home from work today and installed a Brakeaway 7CP04 on my 2015 r3t. This is the first on I have installed and it was quick and easy. Only took about 15 mins. Seems to work just fine. looking forward to getting out on the road to check it out.

When I bought my bike I rode it home about 200 miles and my right wrist was starting to hurt. I know this will help.

Keep the shinny side up!

I just put a new BrakeAway on my latest 2015. I had a BrakeAway on my 2013 as well, but it was an earlier version. They have since updated to the new 7CP04 which now attaches to the brake lever bolt. It is a great device and I'm glad you are enjoying yours as well.

I noticed in your pictures that you did not turn down the shoulder of your grip for the install. Apparently it will work without doing that, but by not doing so it does not allow the BrakeAway to be located as near to the control cluster as it should be. The inner most ring should fit over the shoulder instead of riding against it. If you have a few tools (or know someone who does), the grip can be removed and precisely turned down with a method I showed in a post I did a couple of years ago. In any event, here is the post if you want to give it a look see. You could also buy another grip and send it to me if you would like it turned down so it will fit correctly and give you a little more hand grip surface. I'll post a picture of my fit if you would like. Either way, enjoy your BrakeAway...worth every penny.

BrakeAway Cruise Grip Resizing Method

Back