Brakeaway cruise control for 2011 Roadster Has any one fitted

gtsand

Standard Bore
Has anyone fitted a Brakeaway Cruise Control, Part Number 5CP02 to their R3R 2011 Model. I contacted Brakeaway and they responded that they do not have a compatable model for Rocket 3 after 2010. I'm sure I have read somewhere that people have fitted them. If so let me know if you experienced any problem fitting it (does it hit tank at full lock?) and whether it operates OK. Don't really want to go for an electronic unit as only want to rest my hand now and then. Is there anything just as good as a Brakeaway cruise control?

Brakeaway Definately fits 2011 Roadster!

I have the Brakeaway Part # PN 5CP02 on my 2011 Rocket 3 Roadster!! All I can say is "RUN OUT AND BUY IT!" I am very happy with it, a little pricey but works perfect! I suffer from Hand numbness, so I can lock throttle and work hand. I added the "Grab On " brand silde over grips too, which ad to comfort! Pics attached.

Found one one EBay BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control Triumph Rocket III | eBay

And You Tube Video BrakeAway Products Motorcycle Cruise Control - YouTube

Several more if you search Breakaway Cruise Control on You Tube

Attachments

• Photo042.jpg
    Photo042.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Photo044.jpg
    Photo044.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 327
  • Photo043.jpg
    Photo043.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 248
Maybe someone can answer this, what is the difference between the throttle mechanisms between 2010 and the newer models up to 2013 where breakaway states the lock is not comparable? I agree with lifelong biker, if it works, get it. I had the breakaway on my previous bike and would like to install it on my Rocket....when it arrives. Since I'm unfamiliar with model year changes does anyone know if the lock will work on a 12 or even a 13? Thanks

Back