Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hello Rocketeers,

Getting close to time to change brake pads on The Beast.
What's the best pad material?
Should I go with sintered or semi-sintered?
I have 5500 miles on my bike, does it digest pads the fast?
Any particular brand that's better than the rest?
Galfer, EBC, etc.

Thanks,

Hello Rocketeers,

Getting close to time to change brake pads on The Beast.
What's the best pad material?
Should I go with sintered or semi-sintered?
I have 5500 miles on my bike, does it digest pads the fast?
Any particular brand that's better than the rest?
Galfer, EBC, etc.

Thanks,

You just got 5000 miles out the OEM that came with the bike?

Well, still have mileage left but thinking ahead.
I bought the bike with 4600 miles.
Don't now how hard first owner was on brakes.

I use the cheapest pads. Pads are cheap, rotors are expensive. Anyone that separates your pads to replace a tyre will injure the pads. I remove the pads before I remove the wheel and replace the wheel and then insert the pads. Nobody will do that.

IMG_0587.JPG

EBC sintered HH are the pads to use. Great performance. Good life. No noise. No problem on the rotors.
That.

I have well over 40,000kms and my original pads are barely worn. I have a set of EBC sat there, in case.

@1K9 - I always read these comments on US workshop practice with some trepidation. That or I have been spectacularly lucky. True I do not trust many mechanics with my toys.

Ordering oem from Hermys or elsewhere will get you nissen pads rear brembo front, I too have used ebc sintered hh they work good as stated above, I’m hard on pads at 1000lbs and don’t care about cost when it comes to pads, I don’t won’t fading and I won’t the best stopping power I can buy

Ordering oem from Hermys or elsewhere will get you nissen pads rear brembo front, I too have used ebc sintered hh they work good as stated above, I’m hard on pads at 1000lbs and don’t care about cost when it comes to pads, I don’t won’t fading and I won’t the best stopping power I can buy
Sorry nissen front and Brembo rear

Even back when I drove junkers held together with duct tape, brakes, tires and battery were always kept up.

Back