Brake Line Fender Clips, easy fix

HellFire

Legend
As I'm sure everyone knows the brake line clips are weak and pop loose over every jolt. I got impatient looking for replacements and came up with an easy fix. I carved off the ridges that are on the post part going into the fender to fit into a stainless hex nut.
It does not matter what size as long as it is too small to fit over one that has not been trimmed yet. Rummage around in your nut and bolt bin and I'm sure you can find something to fit. Just don't make it too tight or you can easily snap off the post.

Not as cheap as your fix hellfire, but quality and priced right.
I've had mine on since they came out, maybe before, no problems and still look brand new. Handlebar clamps too if you're thinkin ya might need some of those.

Better handlebar clips? I need to look into that, thanks. Mine are a bit overloaded with the extra wiring from the grip heaters, mirror lights and stuff. I'll check that out.

Wow, I looked ... $40, :eek: ouch

Last edited:
Better handlebar clips? I need to look into that, thanks. Mine are a bit overloaded with the extra wiring from the grip heaters, mirror lights and stuff. I'll check that out.

Wow, I looked ... $40, :eek: ouch

If Flips $40 clamps are to expensive, how about copying them and selling them for $10 I am sure you will have a lot of sales.;) Flips products are top quality except for that face cream that he sells it has not improved my wife one bit.:D

Hellfire, if you think $40 is expensive they are about twice as much elsewhere.

I am sure Flip will be coming along to explain the finer details.:D

Now that you mention it . . Havent heard much from Flip lately either . . maybe someone triple dog dared him to stick some extremity to the flag pole . . .:D:D:D

Back