Brake lever installation

Baloo

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket X
Howdy all,

So I've just finished the rather easy job of installing nice black short levers to my bike. Then, once I'm finished and tidying up I glance at the instructions and see 'IMPORTANT', I suppose I'd better read. There's a full page of A4 dedicated to telling me I need to make sure the dimple is aligned if there is one. I'm going out in half an hour. Can anyone tell me in this time window if there's a dimple I didn't notice so I need to start again, or that there isn't so I'm good to go?

Many thanks

Your probably talking about the dimples on the handle bars (underneath) to align both right and left assemblies. Installing levers you did not need to loosen either one so your good. lets see a pic of new levers. Here is a pic of what i installed awhile back IMG_0501 (1).JPG IMG_0495 (1).JPG

Well, they feel great, and definitely look better than stock. I've gone short, but gone cheap too because didn't know if I'd like it. 100 miles with them, so far; like it.

20180705_210642.jpg
20180705_210714.jpg

Has it affected the feel at all? By that I mean that I installed a pair on mine and the brake lever now feels spongy where it didn't with the standard levers. The bike still stops but the is a lot more lever travel even at the widest span setting.

Has it affected the feel at all? By that I mean that I installed a pair on mine and the brake lever now feels spongy where it didn't with the standard levers. The bike still stops but the is a lot more lever travel even at the widest span setting.
What else did you do at the same time? - Be honest.

Has it affected the feel at all?
If anything it feels sharper. I put that down to not being used to it, and thought I may be expecting to need an inch of travel, but being shorter I only need half an inch (which would be an inch at the end of a long lever).

If anything it feels sharper. I put that down to not being used to it, and thought I may be expecting to need an inch of travel, but being shorter I only need half an inch (which would be an inch at the end of a long lever).

All done with two inside fingers. As it should be while you hone your road craft skills carving up the twisties on the beastie. First thing R3R riders should do is chuck the stock levers in the bin and replace with shorties.

Hallelujah Brother, praise the lord for shorties. Blessed are the cheese makers & motorcycle shorty lever makers.

Back