Brake hose problem when fitting Rivco risers

Chuckster

.020 Over
Hi all,

There seems to be plenty of info on fitting Rivco risers, but I can't seem to find anything definitive regarding repositioning front brake hose on ABS Roadster as the brake line goes under the tank to the ABS unit
I didn't reposition the brake line and after all the jigging around needed to reposition everything else I found the brake line way too tight in all positions, so reverted back to original risers.

It looks like I could move the line to the tank side of the upper triple clamp, which may give it enough length, but I'm unsure if it would kink when turning to the right lock.

Any help from someone who's experienced this would be great.

Cheers
Chuckster

Chuck, I can check my 05 tonight when I get home to see how it was re routed. Also the cables and brake lines that came with the Classic pull back bars were intentionally made longer I will check them as I add those Bars to my 06 Classic. You might still be able to order them for the 07 to 09 Classic models.

or, just do like I did and go have a new longer one made up at a hose shop.
I think it cost about $30.. to get one plenty long enough for my 5" risers.
probably be about the only thing I won't need to replace now
when I go to a different frontend with longer risers.

Thanks guy's,

I found all I had to do was to reposition the brake line on the other side of the triple clamp and all is good.

Cheers
Chuck :whistle:

Back