Brake fluid leaking

motolink

Nitrous
Ride
2011 Roadster and 2001 Bonneville
I noticed what looked like brake fluid on th bottom of the engine under the master cylinder and sitting on the area marked with red dots, has anyone ever had brake fluid leak from this fitting on a Roadster.
C24D8630-91B0-465E-81E7-B72D869A61C1.jpeg

My 2010 touring had a couple drops of fluid under it in the showroom when I bought it new. They checked it. OK, they said. A few days later while trying to stop I had no rears. The banjo fitting on the line had a factory hole in it. Wasn't manufactured correctly. I changed it and gave them the old one. Talked to the mechanic and showed him what to look for in the future when someone says it has a leak

An update, I gave the area a good wash down before going on a 1100km overnight ride, every time a refueled I would check area but no leaks or wetness of any kind, even marked the fluid level of the master cylinder. When I got home I did another check no leak no change in the brake fluid level.

I am now thinking the wet area I was worried about came about from over filling the master cylinder reservoir and the fluid spilled over when replacing the reservoir cap after bleeding the rear brakes.

Definitely no leaks, after three weeks no wetness at all, quite sure it came for the master cylinder cap from a over filled master cylinder.

Good job on the detective work to eliminate a leak problem:D be careful when filling any brake or clutch reservoir-they are marked for max fill and do not go ove it, also clean the tops before removing and give them a good cleaning before reinstalling.

Back