Brake/Clutch Lever Adjustment

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
I've browsed my owner's manual and service manual and did a search but still can't find info on how to adjust the brake and clutch levers on my 2006 Classic. There's a diagram in my service manual showing the, "adjustment wheel" with numerals 1 through 4 and the arrow. Both levers are on #2 currently. I have stumbled over the fact that I can turn the wheels when I move the levers away from the handlebars......so, maybe I do know how to adjust them but have no clue what the #1 through # 4 settings are doing. I don't see any difference in distance between the levers and the grips as I was expecting, regardless of the setting. Not the sharpest tool in the shed obviously, so I will appreciate some enlightenment.

Thanks,

VR :unsure:

They don't move very much visually with the wheels, but adjust and then sit on the bike and pull the levers a few times. Then adjust again and try again, you'll feel the difference. Like Warp said they're only comfort adjustments.

Last edited:
They don't move very much visually with the wheels, but adjust and then sit on the bike and pull the levers a few times. Then adjust again and try again, you'll feel the difference. Like Warp said they're only comfort adjustments.

Okay guys, thanks!

Back