Boy's first bike!!

Bull

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic Tourer
My 11 yr old found this little Honda in the woods by our house. I wish him the best of luck!

Attachments

• IMG_4951.JPG
    IMG_4951.JPG
    466.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4955.JPG
    IMG_4955.JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4956.JPG
    IMG_4956.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 0
I wish my nephews had stayed 11! Not that I mind them growing up...they can take care of my creaky old self. Show us progress on that bike!!!

Unless the motor got water in it and seized, I bet it will run. You cant kill those things. If it is seized, just take the head off, squirt in some penetrating oil, let it soak over night and knock it loose with a hammer and block of wood. If it has enough compression to get it started the rings will free themselves up. Did that with alot of old 305 Honda's.

Oh what a great age -- the dreams unfettered by hard knocks. Obviously this will take money he doesn't have, and he will outgrow it oh so quicky, still the positive impact of the contrast between the gem in the woods, and the phoenix on the track/trail by one's own hands and direct experience -- priceless.

I think we have a good chance or resurrecting her. It's going to be a struggle between letting him try to find his own way and stepping in when needed. He really wants to get it working using original parts the least amount of money possible. Great goal but we are buying new tires and brakes!

I think we have a good chance or resurrecting her. It's going to be a struggle between letting him try to find his own way and stepping in when needed. He really wants to get it working using original parts the least amount of money possible. Great goal but we are buying new tires and brakes!
Might be too late for wreckers sadly, NOS best bet on eBay etc surprising what is out there.

Back