Boss thinking about a Rocket?

Binnsy

Supercharged
My boss has been talking about a new bike for a while now, and is considering a Rocket. His last bike was a Duke 900, so this will be a big step for him.

Yesterday I rode my bike in so he could have a look and a ride if he wanted.... Well he came out, stared, stared some more, said it was a very nice looking bike, stared some more, then stared at the bike.... ???

I offered him the keys, "no thanks, don't want to do it in front of the office in case I embarrass myself" Then he continued staring awestruck at the bike....

When I left he was still standing in the car-park with a dumbfounded look on his face with his gaze firmly fixed on the bike :eek:

I think we have a convert, if he can get the nerve up to test ride I am sure he will be an owner soon after ;)

Don't you love the way people are in awe of the bike? He's probably thinking "it's too much bike. But then again............"
Only a matter of time I reckon.
Pity he only got look at a black one though. ;)

A KTM 900? Hmmnn........ The gulf between a semi-sport bike 900 and 2300 mega-cruiser is a chasm resembling the Mariana Trench. No wonder he was :eek: and probably ready to :sick:at the thought of spilling it.

Don't you love the way people are in awe of the bike? He's probably thinking "it's too much bike. But then again............"

I think Richard is correct you should advise him to test ride a red one so the speed factor of a black one does not scare him off.

he's seen it up close,
did he sit on it?
The balance in conjunction with a "soft" test ride
would definitely have won him over.
Maybe he's not Rocket material after all.
We can hope he tries one out,
but maybe he needs to ride a harley before he makes the jump to a "REAL MOTORCYCLE"..
Just kiddin' hope he takes a test ride...
That'll sell it and he'll be a convert from then on....

If what he owned was a Super Duke 990 or the Duke 950, he'll have absolutely no problem with the Rocket. I suspect his apprehension was due to the size and weight of the Rocket rather than the power.

Those big KTM twins are excellent bikes and any rider who's proficient on one will find moving to the Rocket like going from a Porsche to a Cadillac, albeit a very fast Cadillac.

But u don't want to show him one of those dog *****red ones or he will never buy one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back