boss hoss revisited

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
here is the largest V8 powered motorcycles meet in the world!!!!! DAVE feast your eyes on this video!!

I have known about this meet for many years but have never been able to attend. They love the Boss Hoss in Germany but they are no longer able to import them. Its only a matter of time when they won't be able to sell new ones here in the states either. EPA is the biggest hurdle and they haven't sold any bikes for two years here already. The trikes can still pass because they can have catalitics and an ECU capable of keeping emissions within specs for manufacturers. The day will come when V8 bikes are like muscle cars of the past and will be worth big money. I intend to keep mine as long as I can ride, they really are a one of a kind motorcycle and a lot of fun. V8 Chopper bikes are still being sold but there is a limit of how many can be built in a year under federal regulations, I think its 35. Some states already will not let them be sold new in their state like California as each state has different rules. Once its registered its grandfathered in and can be transferred from one owner to another.

Why ride a 2400 cc Rocket 3? The answer is its FUN. If you are just trying to get from A to B there are lots of safer, cheaper and more comfortable ways than on any motorcycle.[/QUOTE]

I have known about this meet for many years but have never been able to attend. They love the Boss Hoss in Germany but they are no longer able to import them. Its only a matter of time when they won't be able to sell new ones here in the states either. EPA is the biggest hurdle and they haven't sold any bikes for two years here already. The trikes can still pass because they can have catalitics and an ECU capable of keeping emissions within specs for manufacturers. The day will come when V8 bikes are like muscle cars of the past and will be worth big money. I intend to keep mine as long as I can ride, they really are a one of a kind motorcycle and a lot of fun. V8 Chopper bikes are still being sold but there is a limit of how many can be built in a year under federal regulations, I think its 35. Some states already will not let them be sold new in their state like California as each state has different rules. Once its registered its grandfathered in and can be transferred from one owner to another.
In the past I read that the V8 bikes were considered dangerous as they didnt stop or handle that well and they were breaking rear axles and the rear tires were causing a loss of control they were using Car tires at the time but they changed over to MC tires to fix the problem AND I saw there were several law suits against BOSS HOSS so Im sure that helped to cease production

In the past I read that the V8 bikes were considered dangerous as they didnt stop or handle that well and they were breaking rear axles and the rear tires were causing a loss of control they were using Car tires at the time but they changed over to MC tires to fix the problem AND I saw there were several law suits against BOSS HOSS so Im sure that helped to cease production

Been riding the V8 bikes for 8 years and know over 50 other V8 riders. I hear most all the news about these bikes. I will try to straighten you out on a couple of things if you want to believe me. ALL the loss of control crashes that I have heard about have been while the rider was doing a burnout. The bikes can do burnouts easily and mix that with some alcohol and a guy that has a crowd he feels he needs to impress and sometimes it ends badly, even death. As far as the rear axles breaking I heard of that also but it was on the early kit bikes, I've never heard of it on any bike since I been involved and they have lots more power now. LAWSUITS-- pretty much every manufacturer has lawsuits, unfortunately its the American way. You get a little different type of rider on V8 bikes than most other bikes, many like to be the center of attention and like to drink, its a bad combination when the bike is heavy and has huge horsepower. The bikes are actually good bikes, dependable, fast, fun, but as usual most of the bad press comes from guys that never rode one but have an opinion anyway. I am used to it, even on my Rocket I get guys that want to say its a ridiculous bike, to heavy, can't handle, just an oddity, etc. Its also a good bike, ride one and you'll like it. The bigger they are the harder it is to be a great road racer, who cares, they do just fine. No bike can excel at everything, thats a fact.

Last edited:
Been riding the V8 bikes for 8 years and know over 50 other V8 riders. I hear most all the news about these bikes. I will try to straighten you out on a couple of things if you want to believe me. ALL the loss of control crashes that I have heard about have been while the rider was doing a burnout. The bikes can do burnouts easily and mix that with some alcohol and a guy that has a crowd he feels he needs to impress and sometimes it ends badly, even death. As far as the rear axles breaking I heard of that also but it was on the early kit bikes, I've never heard of it on any bike since I been involved and they have lots more power now. LAWSUITS-- pretty much every manufacturer has lawsuits, unfortunately its the American way. You get a little different type of rider on V8 bikes than most other bikes, many like to be the center of attention and like to drink, its a bad combination when the bike is heavy and has huge horsepower. The bikes are actually good bikes, dependable, fast, fun, but as usual most of the bad press comes from guys that never rode one but have an opinion anyway. I am used to it, even on my Rocket I get guys that want to say its a ridiculous bike, to heavy, can't handle, just an oddity, etc. Its also a good bike, ride one and you'll like it. The bigger they are the harder it is to be a great road racer, who cares, they do just fine. No bike can excel at everything, thats a fact.
YES I was looking at the info on line thats available to anyone whos considering buying one so you might avoid the bikes that have the problems that would save you a lot of grief before you take the plunge and your stuck with a giant headache I want to buy one of the tried and true models that wont spit you off and throw you down the road I dont want a 1200 LB beast landing on top of me

Last edited:
Back