Boss audio???

My concern with audio is whether the stock charging system can handle it. I don't know if it can or can't.

Boss or Bose? Do you have a link?
Have a read Boss audio system - Google Search

I am no expert or even very well informed about HiFi but I know that despite all early USA Bose HiFi having a great reputation they succumbed to marketing gurus and bean counters. They have now also sold a lot of crappy low end gear made in Asia, flogged with the Brand recognition like many a Japanese HiFi manufacturer before them. Bose still produce the good gear too but no matter the brand you have to research and pay for what you get.

The fear I have with motorcycle audio is that if the motorcycle itself can damage your hearing, turning the radio or whatever up so you can actually hear it will do twice the damage twice as fast. You will eventually get to the age where you throw in the towel and resolve not to get into any more noise than you can avoid...meaning it's either the iPod, or the bike, but not both at the same time. I hope if you have not got to that point you will do it before your hearing is unsalvageable.

The fear I have with motorcycle audio is that if the motorcycle itself can damage your hearing, turning the radio or whatever up so you can actually hear it will do twice the damage twice as fast. You will eventually get to the age where you throw in the towel and resolve not to get into any more noise than you can avoid...meaning it's either the iPod, or the bike, but not both at the same time. I hope if you have not got to that point you will do it before your hearing is unsalvageable.

Never understood the need to listen to music while riding, from day one back in 1975 I have always worn ear plugs remember once that ringing starts it never goes away.

I totally understand having a sound system. I had a great windshield on my road glide which left me riding comfortably in negative air flow and it was quiet enabling me to listen to the stock system at any speed. I have been enjoying my tunes via Bluetooth system into my helmet which works but still is not as enjoyable as the Harley system was. I have read stories here about guys running stuff that shouldn't have much draw on the system and have trouble getting the bike to start later. I'm wondering if the device is really suspect. Our bikes run an electric fan! I imagine it could run a few speakers as well. If not there should be a way to crank up some more juice. I haven't seen this solution yet.

.....Our bikes run an electric fan! I imagine it could run a few speakers as well. If not there should be a way to crank up some more juice. I haven't seen this solution yet.

Get a RamAir filter or K&N pods and use the freed up space under your seat to fit an auxiliary battery with isolator in the air-box. You do not even have to cut the box as a fairly large battery can fit in.

Unless you are behind a windshield, no system will work over 50 or so mph, unless you are wearing a full face helmet or earplugs to dampen the wind noise.
I generally wear earbuds to listen to music, and directions from the GPS. Even when I'm not listening to music I'll leave them in to stop the wind noise.

Back