Bolt Identification

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
While locating the crank position sensor on my '08 Rocket Touring model I noticed a bolt with approx. 1/2" to 3/4" of thread showing. It is also loose as a goose. It is below the starter, to the left of the crank position sensor and above the sump. Nothing is leaking out of it and I don't see a washer. As best I can tell it is not going into the alternator cover. Picture attached. Anyone know what the bolt is for?

Attachments

• Loose Bolt 2.jpg
    Loose Bolt 2.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 25
THAT Is where the original bat cable was i think that someone moved it to starter which is ok
tighten it up or take it out or it would b bad in rear tire.

THAT Is where the original bat cable was i think that someone moved it to starter which is ok
tighten it up or take it out or it would b bad in rear tire.
Well, as always, you are the MAN! Now, you will successfully bat for the fences if you can answer my next question(s). The reason I was busting my fat butt down on the garage floor to begin with was due to my quest to solve my engine stalling problem. Not always but often when coasting up to a stoplight with the trans in 1st gear and clutch lever pulled in the engine dies just as I come to a stop. Searching the forum shows me that of the dozen or so different possible culprits several people have solved this problem by cleaning the crank position sensor and/or the gear position sensor. Do you have an opinion about that and how should I go about removing and cleaning those sensors?

Well, as always, you are the MAN! Now, you will successfully bat for the fences if you can answer my next question(s). The reason I was busting my fat butt down on the garage floor to begin with was due to my quest to solve my engine stalling problem. Not always but often when coasting up to a stoplight with the trans in 1st gear and clutch lever pulled in the engine dies just as I come to a stop. Searching the forum shows me that of the dozen or so different possible culprits several people have solved this problem by cleaning the crank position sensor and/or the gear position sensor. Do you have an opinion about that and how should I go about removing and cleaning those sensors?

although cleaning these sensors are a good idea not likely it will help your problem.
wd40 throttle body springs wot the throttle and let it fly shut a couple of times.
check vacuum hoses tp map sensor.
if u have the bat disconnected recently then do the 12 minute tune.
do u have tuneecu?

although cleaning these sensors are a good idea not likely it will help your problem.
wd40 throttle body springs wot the throttle and let it fly shut a couple of times.
check vacuum hoses tp map sensor.
if u have the bat disconnected recently then do the 12 minute tune.
do u have tuneecu?
I do have Tune ECU but the one time I used it a few years ago I was afraid of lobotomizing my bike and have not dared using it again. Anyway will keep in mind the other suggestions. Thanks.

There r two 2nd tps and primary tps
The primary/main is at the rear bottom.
A few has said the went badmine is still good at 55000.
U can check with tuneecu.

Back