Bluetooth OBD2 connector that works with TuneECU

Jabo75

Eschew Obfuscation
Ride
2005 Rocket 3, 2010 Electraglide Ultra CVO
For anyone interested, I purchased this OBD2 connector from Amazon for $24. I have used it on other cars, so I decided to try it on my Rocket3 using TuneECU for Android. I have not messed with the mapping yet since I am trying to troubleshoot a speedometer issue that I have ( error code:p1500 - Speed sensor error).

Anyhow, the unit worked great with my android. It's nice because I can mount my phone (a Samsung Note 3) on my handlebars and get real time info while I am riding without having to run wires.

Just thought I would share it.

For anyone interested, I purchased this OBD2 connector from Amazon for $24. I have used it on other cars, so I decided to try it on my Rocket3 using TuneECU for Android. I have not messed with the mapping yet since I am trying to troubleshoot a speedometer issue that I have ( error code:p1500 - Speed sensor error).

Anyhow, the unit worked great with my android. It's nice because I can mount my phone (a Samsung Note 3) on my handlebars and get real time info while I am riding without having to run wires.

Thank you so much,

I had been wondering about this and was going to take a gamble on a BT OBD2, this will be so much better than messing around with cables and dragging the laptop into my dirty garage.

I'm ordering one this weekend.

Thank you so much,

I had been wondering about this and was going to take a gamble on a BT OBD2, this will be so much better than messing around with cables and dragging the laptop into my dirty garage.

WHAT???????:eek::eek::eek:
You park your bike in a "Dirty Garage"?;)

Thank you so much,

I could be wrong, but I don't think that you can load tunes using the BT OBDII connector - you have to use a cable.

This does have a USB connected wire to your cell on the other end of the OBDII, correct???
If truly a bluetooth (wireless), please give us a link for this cable.
I read on the Google App site a "warning that with Bluetooth connection, the reading and reprograming functions will not work".

Last edited:
WHAT???????:eek::eek::eek:
You park your bike in a "Dirty Garage"?;)

"Now the sun is shining and we're on our way
My baby took some time off for a holiday
Saving all our pennies for some gasoline
People say we're dirty but I keep my motor clean
Hold on to me baby I'm going to open up
500 CC and a cycle slut"

UK Subs 1976.. ;)

I could be wrong, but I don't think that you can load tunes using the BT OBDII connector - you have to use a cable.
Sir is NOT wrong. According to the website ON A R3 TO LOAD TUNES YOU NEED A PC.

Triumph Rocket III (including models 2015) |via cable & Bluetooth* June 2015
* With Bluetooth connection, reading and reprogramming map functions are not available.

This does have a USB connected wire to your cell on the other end of the OBDII, correct???
If truly a bluetooth (wireless), please give us a link for this cable.
I read on the Google App site a "warning that with Bluetooth connection, the reading and reprograming functions will not work".
I embedded the link in the word "Amazon" in my original post, unfortunately, it didn't appear to be too obvious. Here is the link: BAFX Bluetooth

1) There is no USB wire on it
2) I have not tried to load any tunes yet. I do agree with Barbagaris, when downloading something as important as an ECU map, I would be most comfortable with a wired connection.
3) What this Bluetooth is great for though is running the diagnostics while running the bike (I mount my phone on the handlebar) without needing a cable.

One last item that's a bit interesting, I have been using the Torque app for diagnosing codes and recording performance on cars for several years. I decided to see if it would work with the R3. It does! It even pulled the same error code that TuneECU pulled.

Last edited:
Back