Blinkers in LED-modus

Kievit

Rocket on wheels
Ride
Triumph Rocket touring stripped/customized '11
This may sound a little daft....but...after "re-building my own rocket " i'm very confused finding out i can't find a solution to calm down my LED blinkers.
I think i tried every relais or thing that looks like the blinker regulator (don't no the name for it in English).
Two questions: 1 where to find it on the bike? 2 what's the best option/regulator to make the blinkers work les quick.

HI Kievit , Indicator relay is the part you're after, Behind right sidepanel. Try MOTOGAGET, they do some good stuff and they are in Germany.

You need a LOAD INDEPENDANT RELAY - Can be found on ebay and amazon for about 7€uros. he issue is getting one with the pins correctly arranged. Tomorrow I'll take a photo of the one I have in - so you can see the pin orientation.

Motogadget will work - but it is NOT plug and play.

thx for the quick response...Hope to see your advice in picture soon...thx

thanks Decosse...your explanation proves i'm not completely stupid. couldn't find any and change my search into finding resistors for the four of them...suggestions?

By the way....you were also helpfull on my earlier topic about making a tacho work on my touring. The originale bought triumph tacho appeared to be defect......i bought a KOSO instead. Succesfully installed with de instructions i found on the forum!

Decosse,
I bought myself the two resistors. Your advice is very clear but still i wonder if you've any suggestion concerning the best position to solder them. I know a cool non plastic or non-damageble area is the best because of the generated heat. Maybe you have suggestion at what position in cabling of the bike the signal is send to both front and back?

Perhaps its an idea to benefit from the fact that i already soldered my entire "aorta" to make it possible gain lenght to put the touring tacho in my own-made dashboard. It therefore no big deal to get to the wiring at two positions (behind flyscreen/dashboard or underneath the tank)

Decosse,
Blinkerstory is completed! The two resisters mounted behind my fly/windscreen on isolated metal smal plate. It works perfect! slow, bricht Led-lights and resistors 10 ohm each are getting only a little bit warm...even after blinking more than a minute.

Last edited:
Back