Blinker indicator (instrument cluster)

Plow Horse

Supercharged
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster (Edsel)
I ran into a bit of an annoyance yesterday after switching my indicator bulbs to LED’s
(2017 Roadster)
I swapped out the rely to CF13 GL-02, and installed 1156 base LED’s
Turned key to on position and tried the blinkers. Everything worked as it should, turn signals flashed at a normal speed green indicator light on the instrument cluster blinked as it should. I’m thinking great that was simple. Then I start the bike and try the turn signals, they flash properly but the indicator light in the instrument cluster no longer blinks it just stays on constantly till I cancel the turn signal.
Key on engine off everything works fine
Engine running turn signals work fine, instrument cluster light doesn’t blink
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I had the same issue when I changed to LED...tried a few different things and eventually just lived with it. If it’s really bugging you, put the original flasher unit back and use load resistors on the led lights.

I found the fix for my issue. Installed a 220 ohm 1 watt resistor in parallel on each said of the circuit. And the indicator in the cluster is now blinking properly. 3C74E4F3-9942-4A71-BDF3-9E66BE62669D.jpeg

Last edited:
I did have the same problem. After having tested many different flashers, I tried the Kellermann R2 flasher and it works fine. I am absolutely happy with it.
Regards, Georg

I ran into a bit of an annoyance yesterday after switching my indicator bulbs to LED’s
(2017 Roadster)
I swapped out the rely to CF13 GL-02, and installed 1156 base LED’s
Turned key to on position and tried the blinkers. Everything worked as it should, turn signals flashed at a normal speed green indicator light on the instrument cluster blinked as it should. I’m thinking great that was simple. Then I start the bike and try the turn signals, they flash properly but the indicator light in the instrument cluster no longer blinks it just stays on constantly till I cancel the turn signal.
Key on engine off everything works fine
Engine running turn signals work fine, instrument cluster light doesn’t blink
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I have similar problem after installing LED turn signal bulbs plus a Signal Minder gizmo to automatically cancel the turns. My turn signal gauge light is now always steady on.....solution.....pasted a black circular sticker over it....all is well now! :):thumbsup::laugh::banghead:

Back