Blast Off with the Rocket III

Hedgehog

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket III
Well we've completed our test and review of the Rocket..... and feeling pretty mixed about it. Some good points and some not so good. Got a feeling that, while its a good bike, Triumph could have done better...

Love looking at it in the garage though.

Happy to receive abuse / comments...!

P1060694 (2) (800x437) (800x437).jpg

Review:
http://bigbikemad.com/triumph-rocket...ad-review.html

Video clips:

America and Thunderbird next...

Hedgehog

I would like to here your negatives so I can tell if yours is having problems. I personally love my 06 Classic which was the exact machine you have at one time. Now with over 60,000 miles and many modifications I cannot really get mad at Triumph when I break something.

I don't understand how you can knock the handling, when you never pushed it even near the limits. Not once did you take a proper line through a curve or scrape the pegs. Way too much brake before, not enough engine braking, and never had it in the powerband pulling out. I ride mine harder than that 2 up. :rolleyes:

Well we've completed our test and review of the Rocket..... and feeling pretty mixed about it. Some good points and some not so good. Got a feeling that, while its a good bike, Triumph could have done better...

Love looking at it in the garage though.

Happy to receive abuse / comments...!

Hedgehog

Well, let the abuse begin.

It never ceases to amaze me that there are folks out there who think that others would value their opinion so highly that they would publish their thoughts on something about which they appear to know virtually nothing at all.

If you want to bash what would now be considered a very old Rocket III, take it over to one of the forums for people of like mind..... muttered under breath "Dumba$$"

What cruiser do you think is a "great" bike?

The handling is significantly improved with Excedra's on both wheels, and quality rear shocks. Maybe even too much for my tastes. One of the things I have liked most about the Rocket is its stability in severe truck turbulence and crosswinds. You can ride through all that with ease and a minimal amount of corrections. However, the bridgstone exedra's improved the handling sensitivity so much that now I have to actually do some work in those conditions. But it was worth the sacrifice.

Not the best review , would be more suited to a forum encompassing all types of motorcycles , i never expected my 320kg R3R to be capable of doing what a sport bike can do, just wanted it to eat Harleys for breakfast..........

Back