Black Crash Bars in a R3R?

germ79

The Guy That Asks All The Questions
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Anybody happen to have pics of or info on black crash bars (engine guards, highway bars, whatever they’re called) on a R3R? I’m considering them an wondered if they take away the sporty feel of the roadster.

Thanks!

Just get them powder coated
IMG_6524.JPG
IMG_6639.JPG

@Mittzy Those look great! I didnt know if they’d make the roadster look “bulky”. I’d maybe even throw in some highway pegs for long trips...

"Fehling" make them in 38mm but only in chrome nowadays...used to have black ones but not now. You would need to do what Mitzy did and have em powder coated. Look good too.

Anybody happen to have pics of or info on black crash bars (engine guards, highway bars, whatever they’re called) on a R3R? I’m considering them an wondered if they take away the sporty feel of the roadster.

Thanks!
I recommend them. If and when the bike decides to go horizontal the bars keep that very expensive radiator from becoming a lawn sprinkler. Plus they make it much easier to upright your 700+ lb. beauty. Beware the cheap knock offs on E-Bay they bend at the top mount very easy. OEM only, much much stronger.

One other point I was going to get my crashbars powder coated before my trip to Stearns but the guy could not squeeze me in , I used some BBQ spray paint and it looked good but alas all the little crap that hits our bikes when riding chipped away at the paint and the chrome was showing all over the bars.

I recommend them. If and when the bike decides to go horizontal the bars keep that very expensive radiator from becoming a lawn sprinkler. Plus they make it much easier to upright your 700+ lb. beauty. Beware the cheap knock offs on E-Bay they bend at the top mount very easy. OEM only, much much stronger.
Be very careful with OEM bars, back in the day(2005-2009) the Triumph bars were effin terrible in fact the welded joints were so weak you could bend them with your paws, the newer ones are better.

Back