black bearclaw on a Roadster 2012?

Mike Sands

Supercharged
Ride
roadster 2012
My dealer is telling me that the black bearclaw fits only Roadsters after a certain VIN number. My matt black roadster came with a chrome bearclaw and I want to buy a black one. Is he right?
Thanks
Mike

Mine came with a black one. If they are interchangeable and you're interested in a trade, let me know and we'll discuss further. I have a 2013.

My dealer is telling me that the black bearclaw fits only Roadsters after a certain VIN number. My matt black roadster came with a chrome bearclaw and I want to buy a black one. Is he right?
Thanks
Mike

Im fairly sure your dealer talks out of his butthole :rolleyes: the bearclaw on the rocket 3 hasnt changed since inception that i know of . He sounds like one of those dealers whos knowledge is limited to what his computer tells him . ie the black claw is for the 2012 model onwards when infact it would just be a painted everyday claw.
I would just powdercoat the other one though mate it would be cheaper

Im fairly sure your dealer talks out of his butthole :rolleyes: the bearclaw on the rocket 3 hasnt changed since inception that i know of . He sounds like one of those dealers whos knowledge is limited to what his computer tells him . ie the black claw is for the 2012 model onwards when infact it would just be a painted everyday claw.
I would just powdercoat the other one though mate it would be cheaper
Yeah you are right ..... but I have a set of red tins for the bike, so every few months I can have a 'new ' bike :) and the chrome claw goes better with the red tins whereas a black claw would make the matte black roadster meaner. I went to the expense of blacking out a few other things (indicators stems, rear fender stays and a flyscreen but to get it done properly in the UK costs more than buying the part from Triumph and they have blacked out loads more bits now)
I think you are right about the dealer - he isn;t using his head - the computer is telling him that if a customer crashes his bike and it's a recent vin number then he will want the matt black bearclaw, otherwise it's a chrome one - but it's very unlikely they have changed the fittings - even though they should ;)
Mike
Will update my details tonight

Thanks
Mike
I just rubbed my down and sprayed it matt black,

Attachments

• rocket 003.JPG
    rocket 003.JPG
    885.5 KB · Views: 230
Back