Bit the bullet and bought a Rocket Roadster

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Australian born 1960 in Papua New Guinea before 1972 independence from Australia. Travelled around world when parents in Diplomatic service before spending 23 years in the tropical and desert landscapes of the Northern Territory (NT)working with Australian Bureau of Statistics doing mainly Population Surveys and Census Operations with a focus on remote area and Indigenous Aboriginal communities. Years of 4WD and light aircraft charter trips was a ball. NT is 1100 miles North - South and 300 miles East West then with open unlimited speed limits on h'ways, now only a few hundred Km open speed. Small truck stops about 60 - 150 miles apart with only 3 major towns/cities and total pop of about 160,000 now- think of a tropical and desert Alaska with 35% indigenous population.

Back to Canberra in 2004 (the capital of Oz) and worked with Customs Drug Detector Dog Training Centre before 11 years 24/7/365 shift work with Office of Transport Security at National Crisis Coordination Centre.

Still have a 250 acre bush block near Litchfield National Park in the NT which I ran a herd of 50 Asian water buffalo on. LOT 1 Milton Rd, Stapleton NT 0822
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=b13NVri6D8Kx0AS_q6CoDQ

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-13.2094424,130.9580616,5640m/data=!3m1!1e3

Last edited:
Welcome mate, nice back ground, i was an EDD handler/trainer in the Royal Australian Engineers up until 2000, done other EDD work since then, we used to buy dogs from customs back in the mid to late 90's

Hello and welcome from the UK..:)...What an interesting back ground you have..I have something in common with you,we were both 60s babies and we both ride rockets lol

Welcome mate, nice back ground, i was an EDD handler/trainer in the Royal Australian Engineers up until 2000, done other EDD work since then, we used to buy dogs from customs back in the mid to late 90's

Thanks Wrecka, I still remember when they started EDD training and being drafted to stand in a line in overalls with wheel socket wrenches and/or real guns etc when training new dogs. As a kennel hand / training assistant it was the worst paying, but best job I ever had.
Highlights were:
Being the only lackey with a knowledge of hand tools I had a great time making training aids, fitting out storage containers, mending fences etc with an unlimited account at the Bunnings hardware store next door.
Taking 9 dogs out in the K-9 trailer for exercise and or a swim at local reserves was great fun too. They used to go ballistic when given a chance to run free on the 600 acre Narrabundah Hill Reserve behind my house in Duffy. Narrabundah Hill Reserve

By the time I got there all of the new dog's bloodlines were from UK Queen Elizabeth's labrador line which are much smaller dogs that don't intimidate the public when working. I loved the big bruisers like my own 40Kg lump Grub.

My self titled job description was 'Pro Pooper Scooper' - 35+ yellow and black labs in kennels and day yards, crapping 3 times a day each, filled the start and end of every day. My single lab's efforts at home are a doddle.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Currently taking a break from the Rocket but pretty involved with Triumph locally. Hopefully see you around!

Back