Bill & Emma's 2015 R3T

BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
Hey, Billy here from Lafayette Indiana. My wife Emma and I are back in the saddle again. I have been on the BA.com forum as BillyIndiana so figured no need for confusion. It is who I am.

Emma and I just purchased a 2015 R3T from Windy City Triumph in St. Charles IL on 11/21/16. That is the good news. The bad news is Windy City Triumph is storing her for us till spring which is 115 days from today. She sits there, 3 hours away just waiting for us to add to the 30 miles on the odometer.

Until then my 2005 America sits in our garage waiting to take advantage of those precious few winter days given to us to ride here in central Indiana. I grew up on motorcycles. My dad raced Triumphs on flat dirt tracks back in the day. My wife and I love to ride, but gave it up when she was pregnant for our first child. Then I started a business and 23 years slipped away. I purchased the America in September of 2015 to get back into motorcycling.

We both missed riding and the America is a great bike, but Emma urged me to get a bigger bike for our old bones. I looked at all of them Indians, Victorys, and Harleys. Apparently there is still some British blood in my American veins. The R3T just seemed to be the bike.

I truly love the Triumph America and she is going no where. The America and the Rocket will sit side by side, each beckoning us to twist their throttle. My daughter will be 16 in May and wants to learn to ride.

Seems there is no better gift a father can give than the freedom of two wheels and an open road. It is in my blood, it is in her blood, it is in all of ours. I look forward to learning from you all and the new adventures that lay ahead.

I am a lucky guy. My wife loves riding and supports my addiction. I have made many sacrifices, but our buisiness has provided a comfortable life, and now we have time to enjoy each other the open road. Hope we get the opportunity to share it with some of you.

Welcome from the big city of Henryetta Oklahoma. Home to no74. I to at one time had a 05 American Bonneville. Rode the wheels off of it. :):):):)

A warm welcome to the site from New Jersey, Captain & Mrs. BillyIndiana.

Pray tell, what sort of business have you built over the years?

Don't sweat the seasonal waiting period - as Paul (Joesmoe) said, it just makes the reward sweeter!

Last edited:
Back