Starfleet

Standard Bore
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
This is a work in progress. My 2021 Rocket GT won’t start. All the usual, typical, user errors are not the issue. The bike is currently at the dealer; it’s been a week. At first, we thought maybe it was a thermal, electrical issue - bike wouldn’t start after it warmed up - but that has been proven false. The dealer has contacted Triumph and they’re stumped too. The latest is a dump of the ECU data and uploading this to Triumph for diagnosis. Sucks to not ride.

I feel for you. There seems to be a more than a few members on here with problems with the 2020 and 2021. I will be taking my 2020 back in to the dealer as it's stalling (again) when I pull the clutch in to stop as I come up to a stop sign or red light around 5 to 7 mph. I had them check it before during my initial service at 600 miles and they didn't find anything (meaning when they rode it the 2 miles it didn't die on them). It has died on me 6 times now in the last 500 miles. This problem had affected a few other members on here from what I have read on some posts. I also had the gas tank replaced at 600 miles. It does seem to have it's fair share of 'new bike' bugs.

This is a work in progress. My 2021 Rocket GT won’t start. All the usual, typical, user errors are not the issue. The bike is currently at the dealer; it’s been a week. At first, we thought maybe it was a thermal, electrical issue - bike wouldn’t start after it warmed up - but that has been proven false. The dealer has contacted Triumph and they’re stumped too. The latest is a dump of the ECU data and uploading this to Triumph for diagnosis. Sucks to not ride.

I can not believe they cant handle these problems a 12 volt test light can tell u if the injectors and coils are firing. And if the ecu is not controling them then u probably have an alarm problem.

Reason #1 why I don't fiddle, cajole, tweak, or mess with fuel injected hardware. Too many unknowns run by a black box.

Reason #1 why I don't fiddle, cajole, tweak, or mess with fuel injected hardware. Too many unknowns run by a black box.
Screenshot_20210723-181709_Instagram.jpg

Not that complicated
The ecu grounds the injectors
Very few exceptions
Crank sensors bad ecu does not know when to fire
The alarm is set and ecu will not fire the injectors/or work fuel pump.
Most alarms elininate fuel pump and ignition.. when i work with people that have breathalizer installed i just call in and it is a simple go under dash and disconect and connect ign back up.
I think that may be they forgot or never knew the old school stuff and think that scanner is going to tell them what is wrong. If you r lucky it will tell u the correct circuit to check.. for example if u had a scanner on your house and the bathroom light went out the scanner would tell u to change the light bulb but in reality it might b the lite switch or breaker switch or wiring or u might have missed an electric payment lol.
Any way u better know how that motor runs before computers and after.

Latest update, 8/6/2021: Triumph U.K. provided a script to isolate the problem. According to this, the problem is the starter solenoid. I should get the bike back in a few days. 3 weeks not riding sucks.

Latest update, 8/6/2021: Triumph U.K. provided a script to isolate the problem. According to this, the problem is the starter solenoid. I should get the bike back in a few days. 3 weeks not riding sucks.

I would say it should take about 1 hour and 10 minutes to diagnose this problem if u took a 1 hour coffee break.
now a good mechanic could listen to it and tell u it is bad or lay his hand on it and tell u it is bad or u have a bad battery
was not going to say anything but could not help my self.

I would say it should take about 1 hour and 10 minutes to diagnose this problem if u took a 1 hour coffee break.
now a good mechanic could listen to it and tell u it is bad or lay his hand on it and tell u it is bad or u have a bad battery
was not going to say anything but could not help my self.
Don't you love 'old school' diagnostics.... :thumbsup:

Back