Bike wont start

rmdrake

.060 Over
I have an 07 with 20,000 miles on the clock, bought new in jan of 08, completely stock , ignition still in original location, i turn the key on the needles do there sweeping thing ,clutch pulled in kickstand up , hit the start button and nothing happens, where do i start to trouble shoot this thang, ground? ignition switch? switch on the clutch? on the kickstand? im at a loss aswhat to do, this is an intermitten problem , usally after the first try when nothing happens, it will start on the second try, this mornig took 5,6 trys before it fired up.

thanks for the reply, guess its off to the shop, have no tune boy, i thought it my be some things i could check, oh well needs 20,000 miles service anyway, i can check ground,starter wire,and start button, where is the main ground on this bike?

I have this problem all the time. The contacts in the start button corrode. Pull the assembly apart, get some electronic spray cleaner and a soft tooth brush and go to town.

wouldnt know where to start that rewiring thing, where is this neutral switch in which you speak of, where is the ground wire on this bike? that might cause this problem

I assume when it does actually fire up, it starts normally? not sluggish, like a weak battery>?If normal, has to be a electrical fault..Push the dealer to fix it.... not long out of warranty

pulled right side cover yesterday and looked at starter relay the two relays there were just hanging not on the little holder, pulled it apart looked at it it looked ok and snapped it backtogether put it back were it belongs , so far the bike has started on first try every time, could it really be that simple? keeping my fingers crossed.

Back