dave64

Mr
Ride
Triumph Roadster 2010
Hey guys need some help , decided to remove pc5 and change back exhaust. Now bike won't start lights all work horn blinkers etc . Sometimes the fuel pump noise happens but nothing when starter button pressed . I do have a clicking noise from the relays on left hand side . The negative terminal has a bit of corrosion on it and the bike had been sitting for 4 weeks prior to this . Tried charging battery but no good. Could it be the battery even though the lights all work. ?

Probably a stupid question but have you tried with both sidestand up and the clutch pulled in ? I have had starting issues with previous bikes caused by the sidestand switch after the bike has been left for a few weeks ! Problem went away after a liberal spray of wd 40 to the switch plunger and working it in and out a few times .
If not , then the big boys will be along soon to put you right !
Good luck . :)

Tried charging battery but no good. Could it be the battery even though the lights all work. ?

Yes, it could. The lights take FAR less energy than does the starter.

When you push the starter button, if it's just the battery, you should see the lights etc, dim or go out altogether.

If the lights, horn, etc, are unchanged from pressing the starter button (and a voltmeter on the battery itself would be more helpful -- what is the resting voltage ?), then need to look elsewhere.

Did it run before you removed PC5?
If you have a spare car battery, a car with battery, jumper cables, I would hook up a known charged battery and go from there. Even if you have a battery charger with a jumper setting use it.

Joesmoe said:
When you push the starter button, if it's just the battery, you should see the lights etc, dim or go out altogether.

If the lights, horn, etc, are unchanged from pressing the starter button .....then need to look elsewhere.

Note that headlights/aux lights will ALWAYS go out completely when you press start button, regardless of battery condition
But yes see what happens to battery voltage when you press starter - typically however you would see a low state of charge (measured voltage) on battery with just lights on without even pressing starter

Last edited:
Got it going . Not sure what issue was but now have yellow engine light on but she runs fine and starts now . Thanks for the help , also no fuel showing or km to empty on speedo . Will see how it goes later when i start and ride . I need to get it re tuned anyway so ill get him to check and reset any fault codes .

Back