Bike wont start

steve59

Nitrous
Ride
2016 KTM 1290 SDR SE. 2012 K1600 GTL Schwinn S-30
06 r3 11525 miles everythings fine, park bike hang out at fair 1-2 hours come back put key in flip to on 2 warning lights either side of odo come on starter don't make a sound, get a push & ride home after engine starts warning lights go off. ride home 10 miles park in garage put on charger go to bed. morning battery shows charged is only 1 year old. warning lights both sides of odo come back on starter does nothing?

Does the green neutral light come on when you switch the key on . If it is not on and you are trying to start while the bike is in gear by pulling the clutch in make sure the bike stand is not down .

yes neutral light comes on, I tested the battery and it came back 12.95 volts, I think they need to be closer to 14 to be considered ok. A little over a week since I traded for it so i'm gonna ask the sales mgr to give me a new one.

One other thing you could try ,on the odd occasion I've had to keep pressure on the starter button for five to ten seconds before the starter motor engages , just a thought

I jump the battery with a 10 amp charger and it starts and runs fine. curious the battery was installed 6-12 so I would expect it to be OK. I called the sales mgr & they're going to work with me. with a little luck the battery's the only problem. MCC villa park IL are owned by 2 brothers that love bikes and are a class operation. They could have gave me a hard luck story (like several other dealers around here) but they ate the battery and my bike runs like it should.

Back