Bike won't start . . .need ideas please

bdpq

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket III Roadster
Someone please help... Stranded in SF downtown

I accidentally disconnected this wiring harness when I pushed my seat down. Now for the life of me I can't find where should it connect to... I have removed the battery now and I just can't seem to find it....

IMG_20200218_221135863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have two separate things going on in your pic. One is the positive battery cable (red) and the other is the obdii reader plug which is only used for connecting to a code reader or to reflash the ECU. Did you disconnect the battery or lose the bolt?
I just reread your post and see you have removed the battery.

I think you have two separate things going on in your pic. One is the positive battery cable (red) and the other is the obdii reader plug which is only used for connecting to a code reader or to reflash the ECU. Did you disconnect the battery or lose the bolt?
I just reread your post and see you have removed the battery.
Im not sure Paul but it looks like the battery is out of the cage. I'm thinking he pulled it looking for where the OBDII plugs in. Hopefully he will read it get the the battery back in and hooked up right. Oh and gind the little mount holder for the cable or tucks it out of the way. This is one he will be laughing about for sure. On the plus side he will smile when he fires it up.

I'm guessing he didn't even try, thought he disconnected something.

What a night... My phone battery eventually died trying to read the manual. The obd port is rested in the old place beside the battery and the battery is connected again... But the bike won't start...

The headlight, engine light won't turn on as if the battery is completely dead.

Downtown. SF at night is quite a different city. At the end, an officer helped me and I got a cab home about 1am.

Calling a tow truck now. Will update on what went wrong with the bike.

Back