Bike Wobble and Hesitation

Southeast

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph R3
My 2021 with 750 miles has a 1-2 second hesitation and engine wobble when I pull on the throttle with medium to hard acceleration. Also when riding at 80-90 mph I will have a partial loss of power, which comes and goes. Check engine light is now on and during my last ride the traction control light activated along with a signal saying my fob is not in range. Very frustrating for a new bike. Has anyone else experienced similar issues. This will be my third trip back to the dealer since my purchase.

My 2021 with 750 miles has a 1-2 second hesitation and engine wobble when I pull on the throttle with medium to hard acceleration. Also when riding at 80-90 mph I will have a partial loss of power, which comes and goes. Check engine light is now on and during my last ride the traction control light activated along with a signal saying my fob is not in range. Very frustrating for a new bike. Has anyone else experienced similar issues. This will be my third trip back to the dealer since my purchase.
Maybe a stupid idea but I had the same problem with a 2017 Ducati X Diavel. Replaced the key fob battery which fixed the problem!

for delay/power loss try leaving a 1 inch gap at the top of the fuel tank and see if that helps.
they r having troubles with the key fobs do a search.

Dealer had the bike fixed in just a few minutes. Hooked her up to the diagnostic tool and found a plug wire had become unseated. That simple. A bit embarrassed to say I hadn’t checked this myself, but at 700 miles in I’m not sure how or why the wire had worked loose... Have put a few hundred miles on the bike over the last few days and all I have to say is it’s on hell of a bike and exactly what I was hoping for when I made the purchase!

If you overfilled gas, or park with mostly full tank on a slope toward kick stand, you will get that. After running a tank it will clear up. Cannister is culprit.

Dealer had the bike fixed in just a few minutes. Hooked her up to the diagnostic tool and found a plug wire had become unseated. That simple. A bit embarrassed to say I hadn’t checked this myself, but at 700 miles in I’m not sure how or why the wire had worked loose... Have put a few hundred miles on the bike over the last few days and all I have to say is it’s on hell of a bike and exactly what I was hoping for when I made the purchase!
I ride mine ~70-100 miles just about every day. I love it. I love it even more since I swapped to mid controls last week. GT with mid controls, the balance on the bike is insane. I can do full 2-3 second stop sign stops and keep balance without much effort.

Hopefully everything is good to go for you so you can really enjoy your bike.

Last edited:
Back