Bike was layed down

T140v

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket III
I bought my bike because it was totaled. Most of the trouble with it is cosmetic however the radiator has two small leaks in it. The leaks are not repairable according to the radiator shop. I thought they could pull the tank and tig weld it from the inside. The guy said “No these radiators don’t like that very much”. Well instead of waisting more time driving around looking for a good welder I just ordered a new one on line. I was sure hoping it was an easy fix but I don’t tig weld and aluminum is something I’ve never welded before.
That’s ok, I managed to get it running and when the new radiator gets here I’ll be on the road.
By the way my odometer, fuel and water temp gauges won’t light up on the LCD screen. I haven’t checked the fuses yet but it seems odd the speedometer works and the backlight comes on. If it’s not a burnt fuse I was wondering if the tip over sensor my have effected it? Cheers!

Last edited:
That's a shame about the radiator. If you can return it you may want to hold onto it without mounting and try these guys to fix the one you have. It may save you a buck or two. I have used them for a couple of radiators and it went very well.

Myler's Radiators

bob

That's a shame about the radiator. If you can return it you may want to hold onto it without mounting and try these guys to fix the one you have. It may save you a buck or two. I have used them for a couple of radiators and it went very well.

Myler's Radiators

bob
Thanks Bob R but it’s already on its way. I understood where they were coming from. The leaks are behind one of the mounts and a screw hole for the shroud. If I was a tig welder I would have tried but I’m sure they would hate to guarantee a fix like that. If it was copper I could have fixed it myself aluminum is out of my league.

I bought one of these and it don’t fit real well- the mounts for the covers did not line up well at all but I complained and got a refund
It was more about the ride than the fit for me so I'll have to deal with some mods for sure. I think anytime they say "racing" next to an item they mean "doesn't fit".

Back