Bike storage during winter time

Clean it, wax it, fill up the gas tank and put gas stabilizer in to keep condensation out (make sure you ride it around the block to get the stabilizer into the gas lines). Now hookup the battery tender and place your cover of choice over your Rocket (I use my old HD full cover and it works good) Now give your Rocket a kiss and tell her you will wake her around March or sooner.

Wash it, put it in the shed, get it out again next week, repeat......

Oh - sorry - you're not in Oz, are you......???

I recall when San Jose was fairly rural with lots of orchards and farms in the 50s and early 60s. It was pretty nice back then. The weather is good but it is sadly now solidly developed.

I live about 140 miles northeast of Sal and it has been down in the 20s overnight and the low 40s during the day. Not Minnesota cold but cold enough. I put my bike away from December till Febuary every year so I only miss out on 2 months or so. I use to ride hell or high water, now i'm a fair weather rider.

It does get cool here usualy low 30 degrees f,And then the rains come watch out the cagers here do not know how to drive in the wet,
since the freeways are potholed that makes communting dangerous ie is that a puddle ahead or a pothole a foot deep!
i usualy store my rocket and get the husquvarna 390 and tt500 runing and go dirt rideing.

Hey guys, can you advice about what needed to be done to store the bike during the winter time?

thanks in advance,

A fresh oil change , and I prefer Seafoam vs stabil for the gas ( and tank topped off ( condensation ))..

Waxing is especialy important if your going to share the garage with salt laden cages.

Back