Bike Magazine UK

rayjay

Nitrous
Ride
2012 roadster
Do any of you guy's get BIKE magazine from the UK..just got September issue
They've done an article called our heroe's..it's their top 10 bikes that punch above
their weight and blur boundaries and out-perform their design briefs.
You'll be pleased to hear that in number 3 is our beloved Rocket,it reads like this.

The Rocket 3 is bold and confident,not sheepish and understated and so needs a
similar condition in it's rider.
You need to be a bit of a hero to take on the challenge of the worlds biggest motorcycle
To fit with it's image,to embrace the attention and field the endless questions.
You'll also need to find your inner hero to deal with the 133lb.ft of torque
and 367kg of steel,ego and truck engine.
Are you heroic enough for the Rocket 3 ?

But we all knew that didn't we :cool:

RJ

British bike magazine BS

Ok Rayjay, do i detect that you are still in awe of your Rocket . Come on Mate , if you havent figured out by now that its an underpowered bike, you must have had too much yorkshire pudding. Also with that gargantuan rear number plate on the back of British Bikes, you need a 1000cc bike to do over 70 mph. What is it with that huge Plate ,are the police blind or what. maybe its so you can get photographed at every intersection for some minor infraction , so the pigs can send you a ticket for another couple of hundred quid. The Mighty Triumph Rocket should have at least 240 hp and do 180+mph stock. They Brag about being the largest production bike in the Blaa Blaa Blaa, but most Jap and Italian bikes leave it in the dust after 100 mph. Dont get me wrong, the Rocket has a ton of low end grunt, But when do you need to pull a trailer, Boat or Caravan?. The best quality my Rocket has is for tying the Dog down in the garage. Im Over it !. There are bikes over here ( US) with 8.2 Litre v8's in them, with 500 hp, now thats what i mean about power. Those things rip your foreskin off at any green light. Hows that rain coming down over there. Still getting 202 days of Rain on average. All you Brits must have trench foot by now, I feel bad for your riding conditions, it cant be any fun trying to ride with webbed feet. Anyway enjoy your bike

Havin' a bad day deserttony?

What was that about most Jap bikes blah blah blah? Guess what mate, they're still Jap bikes and they're f#ckn everywhere!

Anyone who needs an 8.2 litre motorbike is doing some serious over-compensating for something.....

That thought crossed my mind too.

No matter what, the Rocket is still a very nice ride!

Not the right bike for everyone agreed ... but if i wanted to go harder than what i do on my Rocket i'd go and buy a BMW or a maybe even a Ducati Diavel.... wouldn't be a Jappa that's for sure. Everyone goes on about Harleys being everywhere , have a look and see how many R6's and R1's there are around the joint !!!..... Good luck with the new V8 whats-it :cool:

Deserttony
With your attitude the best thing I can say is Sell it To someone that will appreciate it for the unique motorcycle it is, yes it comes a bit under developed but that just gives us something to play with at a relative reasonable cost for a large gain whereas that Hardly Ableson junk needs a motza spent for only small gains and I would like to see one of those 8.2 litre v8s keep with a Rocket in the twisty stuff, it is not just all about stoplight drags :rolleyes:

Yep! The Bss Hoss 500hp Sherman tank is good for smokin your tyre in one twist of the wrist, but it's no fun going straight only. It would handle like a bag of wet cement:eek:
Yep I recon it might be time for you to go and get your self one of those unstreetable monsters. Good luck with that.:D

I prefer my V8 like this, it doesent have 1" final belt drive like the boss hoss so it can actually use its HP, not that it has 500, but anyway:D

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 101
Ok Rayjay,

The best quality my Rocket has is for tying the Dog down in the garage.

Hi nice of you to drop in again desserttony... its been a while since we had one of these posts..;)

I was thinking Sir, you could tie a Poodle to a Bicycle..
(well after it stops humpin ya leg I mean
) :( :D

You dont need a Mighty Rocket III f
or that :confused:

Back