Battersea

Turbocharged
As a new R3 owner I haven't got a clue on the correct way to lift the bike off the wheels for wheel removal, servicing etc.

I have a lift that was used on my H-D Fatboy, this has two rests - rubber covered that went under the frame tubes. Hopefully this will be ok with the Rocket, the rests have adjustment for distance between the two.

Is it in order to lift under the sump?

Thanks

Added image of lift, they say a picture speaks a thousand words :)

If it is a "standard" motorcycle/atv lift then you are in good shape.

One of the arms goes across the assembly tangs at the rear of the engine. The other rests again the oil pan.

Some folks have made some brackets to make the lifting area at the back a little more secure but I've had good luck without them.

I've got one of the machine mart trolley/hydraulic lifts i used on my harley. Without the plates i made up to go through the lugs at the back of the frame it lifted the front end first and did'nt seem too secure. A Rocket is very tail end heavy. I asked the tech at my local dealers , he said it was fine to use the sump to lift the bike.

I thought about getting one of those lifts and this is what they told me :D
"All you need is the dedicated Rocket 3 mounts and all we need to know is the size of the holes in the lugs on the frame rails below the gearbox?"
Haven't got one yet, Shipping is a killer to sunny Northern Ireland :(

:bch:
Jim

Back