vindex1963

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Rocket 3, 2015 Victory Cross Country
I pulled in the driveway yesterday and the motor died it immediately started back up no problem it's sat overnight, today I went out to start it I turn the ignition and there's absolutely nothing.

Could be the ignition switch. Or if it has the updated plug look and see if there is a burnt spade in the plug. Now I'm going from your word nothing , dead so your gauges don't sweep, and there is no power or headlights?

Could be the ignition switch. Or if it has the updated plug look and see if there is a burnt spade in the plug. Now I'm going from your word nothing , dead so your gauges don't sweep, and there is no power or headlights?

The plug under the gas tank?

Battery checks 13.45 the ignition switch is black. I wiggled two wires unplug them plug them back in nothing.

Only way to check current is with a load.
A healthy battery will be close to 13 volts with no load. If it's below 12.8 volts it may be on its way out or need to be charged.

Once again, electrical fault finding via a forum is very difficult. Too many questions to ask to try to find the fault.

Always start with the basics:

Battery - if the battery is good then it could be
Fuses - if the fuses are good (tested using a multimeter, not visual) then
Bad connection - check the heavy current carrying cables first. battery to fuse box, battery to starter, all the grounds
If none of these solve the problem, then it's down to eliminating possible causes one by one.
Rockets are known to have weak ignitions

If nothing helps, buy a Yamaha Venture

Back