Bike cutting off

atlsrt44

Nitrous
Ride
2018 rocket 3 roadster
Last few times I've ridden the bike has just shutoff for no reason. It will only happen once and will fire right back up when I hit start.

The first time I was slowing down coming up to a light and dropped a couple gears and it shutoff.

The other times I was coming to a stop pulled in clutch and it died. There's no lugging or spitting and sputtering. No jerking. Just dead.

Any thoughts? Lights stay on when it does it

Could be a number of silly things couldnt it?...on/off switch playing silly buggers..i had that happen on my Storm and worked it on and off a couple of times and cleared it..might have a bit of moisture in there causing corrosion or contact??...blow in there with air gun and also the clutch switchy thing...might help??

Last few times I've ridden the bike has just shutoff for no reason. It will only happen once and will fire right back up when I hit start.

The first time I was slowing down coming up to a light and dropped a couple gears and it shutoff.

The other times I was coming to a stop pulled in clutch and it died. There's no lugging or spitting and sputtering. No jerking. Just dead.

Any thoughts? Lights stay on when it does it
Had exactly the same problem the other day with a 2007 Classic. Been cleaning and checking everything under the tank today. Will road test tomorrow.

I had that happen several times with my first 2013. It was new and there was a post about this happening. It happened about 3 or 4 times as I recall, but seemed to resolve itself after around 500 miles. It never did it again. Magic...maybe that will happen for you as well.:rolleyes::eek::banghead:

Cleaned linkage and stepper motor with WD40. Run about 1/3 tank of redline fuel cleaner through system. Test rode today and could NOT duplicate stalling when coming to stop when engaging clutch. Think the idle is still a little low with clutch engaged, but no stalling or requirement to use throttle to keep engine running, to date? Will run rest of redline through system and test ride again.

Back