I've got the Riggs&Nelson, or is it Nelson & Riggs cover and have had it for 1 1/2 years out under a carport and it's held up well and it has vents for moisture controll....but it was probably $150 or better, I don't remember exactly. Seems like for that kind of money it'd be worth a try... maybe, I'm like you and skeptical. Most times when I try to save money on something like that, I usually wind up spending more in the long run. Let us know how it works out.

Yeah, I'm definitely a skeptic. Like you, the few times I've tried to save money, I end up spending more. There are some deals on Ebay, however. Example, DO NOT buy cell phones or cell accessories from the brick and motar stores or kiosks. You can buy the phones or accessories for at least half price on Ebay and it's the same stuff and in factory sealed boxes.

Forget the chintzy lock...............

You can get the same exact cover at Menards for 12 bucks less and not pay shipping. I have 2, one on the R3 and one on the KLR. I also have the Triumph branded Heavy Duty black cover with the split, expandable rear hem (with velcro), condensation vents, the whole schmear. I got it at the dealer for just over a hundred. It covers the Bonnie anhd the sidecar at the same time.

You don't need that bike lock...that's for a bicycle. A cheap oriental bolt cutter will sever that in 2 seconds.

OK Brother Flip (I remember :D), I take it you're pretty happy with them? They cost $12 at Menards? Man, now I'm really skeptical. lol

I have a friend that owns a repair shop (Harleys) and I was interested in some levers he had. They were $45 vs. the $149 variety at HD. I inquired about the quality. He responded with "They're the same quality, but I'll charge $149 if it'll make you feel better". :)

OK Brother Flip (I remember :D), I take it you're pretty happy with them? They cost $12 at Menards? Man, now I'm really skeptical. lol

I have a friend that owns a repair shop (Harleys) and I was interested in some levers he had. They were $45 vs. the $149 variety at HD. I inquired about the quality. He responded with "They're the same quality, but I'll charge $149 if it'll make you feel better". :)

Last time I checked, they were 18 bucks but you save because you don't pay any shipping so, 12 bucks (maybe a little more, or a little less)

Reviving a old thread....... I need some advice on a quality cover.
I ride to work majority of the time and the covers that I have used in the past only last one year. My bike sits in full sun at least 12 hours a day. Looking for a cover that is made to resist sun and rain.

I know Skip, Jay or Wendy do not cover any part of the bike and that includes soap and water:D the cover I have is a $25 wallyworld special has lasted quite a few years but the only time my bike is away from its bed is when I travel.
A pal of mine back home spent 200 pounds on a top notch cover one time used it twice then someone nicked it(stole) so after that he just bought the cheap ones.

Back