scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
image.jpeg

The 2011 Roadster I bought on eBay arrived last Friday, as a lot of you know I am one of the original Rocket owners still have my Red 2005(but will be selling it) few observations Triumph tried to save a few bucks with the Roadster the brake and clutch levers are of cheaper quality the rear brake pedal is of cheaper quality the gauges if not covered by a fly screen look not terrible but not as neat and tidy as the 2005 gauges.

Now the bike first a big thanks to Bret for all his help with the shipping and getting the documents to me right away. The bike has the Carpstage1 kit minus exhaust (has TORS) at times when taking off in 1st gear it needs a wee bit more rev as it seems to be starved of fuel maybe Warp or some other smarter than me person can take a wee look at it at Mv Seems to be getting about 25mpg not that I care but is that about right for a carp stage 1 kit?.
On the Roadster your feet are further back and you sit more to the front compared to the Std I actually quite like
Thanks for listning to my blabbing and will see some of you at MV and maybe a few of you at Barbers Vintage weekend.
image.jpeg

I like the roadster riding position better as well, the gauges are up higher but the advantage with this is you can lift the tank without moving the gauges like on the older models and the fuel gauge is a great addition and the gear position indicator is a handy thing they have as well.

Not hearing it personally I don't know, but guessing that it being tuned with no filter, and the poor mileage, I'd guess it's running rich.

I had to take fuel out in a couple of spots. Idle and 3000-4000 rpms and it's running better than the original tune.

So far the worst mileage it's shown on a tank is 34 mpg. The best was 2 tanks in a row running 75-90 mph (mostly 80-85) on the Interstate and had just above 37.5 mpg both tanks. Which is much better than I was getting before the Carp kit. And that was before taking the fuel out of the cruise area, I haven't been able to try any long runs since.

image.jpeg
The 2011 Roadster I bought on eBay arrived last Friday, as a lot of you know I am one of the original Rocket owners still have my Red 2005(but will be selling it) few observations Triumph tried to save a few bucks with the Roadster the brake and clutch levers are of cheaper quality the rear brake pedal is of cheaper quality the gauges if not covered by a fly screen look not terrible but not as neat and tidy as the 2005 gauges.

Now the bike first a big thanks to Bret for all his help with the shipping and getting the documents to me right away. The bike has the Carpstage1 kit minus exhaust (has TORS) at times when taking off in 1st gear it needs a wee bit more rev as it seems to be starved of fuel maybe Warp or some other smarter than me person can take a wee look at it at Mv Seems to be getting about 25mpg not that I care but is that about right for a carp stage 1 kit?.
On the Roadster your feet are further back and you sit more to the front compared to the Std I actually quite like
Thanks for listning to my blabbing and will see some of you at MV and maybe a few of you at Barbers Vintage weekend.
image.jpeg
first order of business is... ditch the mickey mouse ears..

Have to agree the stock mirrors are not pretty but they are good once I find some mirrors that do as good as a job as the stock ones I will think about replacing them, I do not replace safety items for looks as I hope no one else does also.
Triumph oval mirrors have a wider view - I like em.

Back