Biggest, nice hard bags for <<$1k??

IdahoRenegade

.060 Over
Ride
Previously-2012 Rocket Roadster
I currently have Viking Charger bags on my R3R. The size is smaller than I would like, so I'm looking to upgrade. The Corbin bags are nice, but at $2k, more than I'm willing to spend. I've been considering the Viking Lamellars Lamellar Extra Large Shock Cutout Leather Covered Saddlebag but I'm not impressed with their latching mechanism. Key locking only for securing it. SO...what else is out there that anyone can recommend? And what quick release systems are there? I apologize if this has been answered before but I didn't find an answer.

Tsukayu Fairing, Hard Saddlebags and Touring Trunk

I got some cheap 2nd hand ones that need re-painting but they are solid and the fittings are excellent quality as others attest to in posts online - see photos post#23 New Tsukayu bags & flyscreen!

I will use my quick detach stainless steel EZ Brackets versions from member Tony @Mittzy that match his quick detach rack brackets.

Quick Release Saddle Bag Brackets to suit QR Sissy Bar Kit

Quick Release Sissy Bar Kit 3rd run

Thanks, I have been looking at their vinyl covered "Jumbo Strong" bags. Right now they are the best option I've seen.

I had Tsukayu bags on my 05. Great quality and price. Very similar to Honda Valkyrie bags in shape. I now have their Fairing on my Touring. i am similarly impressed with it.

I currently have Viking Charger bags on my R3R. The size is smaller than I would like, so I'm looking to upgrade. The Corbin bags are nice, but at $2k, more than I'm willing to spend. I've been considering the Viking Lamellars Lamellar Extra Large Shock Cutout Leather Covered Saddlebag but I'm not impressed with their latching mechanism. Key locking only for securing it. SO...what else is out there that anyone can recommend? And what quick release systems are there? I apologize if this has been answered before but I didn't find an answer.

I wouldnt recommend the Viking bags, they straight up lie about the bags capacity.

There XL bags are claimed to be larger than the touring bags...
OJ9olHU.jpg

lBdXVHs.jpg

I had Tsukayu bags on my 05. Great quality and price. Very similar to Honda Valkyrie bags in shape. I now have their Fairing on my Touring. i am similarly impressed with it.

I just scored a set of Tsykayu Strong bags off ebay. Will need to paint them and adapt to Easy Brackets.

Last edited:
Would the Tsukayu bags hit the stock roadster exhaust the only ones that look like they may work are the short Strongs?

Would the Tsukayu bags hit the stock roadster exhaust the only ones that look like they may work are the short Strongs?
They have pics with the "regular" Strongs on them as well. I'll let you know, should have mine in the next week or so.

Here's a picture from Tsukayu's website with a Rocket III with stock exhaust and the Jumbo Strong bags.
Source: Tsukayu Fairing, Hard Saddlebags and Touring Trunk

Edit: There's a fitment note for the Rocket stating "saddlebags may be mounted higher than fender since the stock pipes are high. Only Short Strong is recommended."

image1.jpg

Last edited:
Back