Big thanks to Warp 9.9

I would like to thank @warp9.9 for taking time out of his busy schedule to hold my hand and walk me thru the problems I was recently having with my iscv reset !
Just another reason why this is the best darn site on the planet .
Thanks Warp , from a very grateful Englishman ! :) :) :)

it might be your turn to help me do that next! lol...did you get the bike sorted out?

it might be your turn to help me do that next! lol...did you get the bike sorted out?
Yes I did thanks ! It felt a bit like defusing a bomb at first , waiting to press a wrong button and erase my Ecu , but with warps patient guidance I found it not to be too bad in the end .
All was well until I balanced the throttle bodies which was easy enough , the bike ran great after which except for the idle became terrible , she would stall at junctions and bog down starting from hot plus the decel popping at low rpm was awful .
Then came the added problem that the tune ecu point blankedly refused to connect .
With Warps help I got the tune ecu connected and then ran the iscv tests , the figures were not wildly out but I finished up with .60 and .72 respectively , hit the reset adaptions and then ran the 12 minute tune a few minutes later . Results , idle fixed and smooth , no more stalling , hot starts faultless and decel popping greatly reduced !
Two things I would advise , with adjusting the stepper motor nut , I found easier with the bear claw removed and the coolant reservoir unbolted and hung out the way with a bungee strap . It can be done with all in place but you gonna need a stubby 7mm ring spanner ( box wrench to you mercans ) and the nimble fingers of a harp player ! Secondly , get tooled up properly for the Torxs screw on the tps with the correct torx bit . Its a bugger trying to hold the required .60 whilst tightening the screw !
As warp pointed out , there is a smidgen of leeway regards the .60 and .72 but being anal mine had to be spot on . Hope this helps .

yes! thank you!

if I replace just my tps (and set it to .60) do I still need to do the ISCV reset?
The only way to set the TPS voltage is during a ISCV reset. During that process is the only time you can tell the ecu to retract the stepper motor to home position so that the idle speed control cam is not in contact with the throttle roller. In a sense sending the stepper motor home. This allows the throttle plate to fully close onto the throttle stop. Any other attempt to set the TPS will result in mucking things up a little bit a time until the ecu does not know where the other sensors and setting really are or a big muck up at once. More importantly it allows the ECU to adapt to the proper settings.

The good thing is if everything is right your just clicking thru things and it becomes a ISCV check. I am going to have to play with TUNE ECU more so I do not have to keep referencing the Tune Boy/ Tune Edit procedures:) Old style tune boy user since I spent the money years ago before Tune ECU came out.

Other then that I would not want to ruin my Swarthy Image I try to maintain :D
Now back to work for me :)

What about resetting tps via power commander 5? Is that not the same?

Also I checked the three terminals. All felt a little loose! So I pinched them with needle nose as told.

Altho I have a pcv , I am certainly not qualified to answer that question .
I would say no as the pcv is a piggy back module whereas you need to be talking direct to your ecu to make changes to the tps etc .
But I may be wrong ?

Back