Bevel box internals

Doc Roc

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3. 05
Hi guy's, I know that someone posted some photos of the internals of their bevel box/drive when a shop was replacing the bearing but I cannot find them. Can someone point me in the right direction??
I am looking at different options to replace the splines with one that just weld on. I think it is SO good that Triumph does not supply a single part not even a seal for the box. I have removed the spline with a 10 ton ram and a jig I made and just want to look inside to see how to make a jig to press the spline back on.
20190609_221905.jpg
20190609_222036.jpg

The closest I've come to understanding the bevel box, is that it's made by some company in Italy, that also makes transmissions.o_O

That's exactly what he did. You will have to make a speciality type socket to unscrew the pinion bearing support after removing the lock bolt. Remove the crown gear bearing support. Pull the pinion out, replace seal if needed then press the spline back onto the pinion in a press. Reassemble.

The video does not show how to replace pinion bearings though. I'd be concerned about adjusting the backlash between the crown and pinion if brgs needed to be replaced.

That's exactly what he did. You will have to make a speciality type socket to unscrew the pinion bearing support after removing the lock bolt. Remove the crown gear bearing support. Pull the pinion out, replace seal if needed then press the spline back onto the pinion in a press. Reassemble.

The video does not show how to replace pinion bearings though. I'd be concerned about adjusting the backlash between the crown and pinion if brgs needed to be replaced.

u could use rotational torque checking before and after.

Have made a stand for the bevel box and an aluminium plate and steel rod so that I can check and reset bevel box back lash after reassembly. Will make a spanner to undo the castle nut on the box in the next couple of days will keep you posted.
Needle.jpg
Plate.jpg
Stand.jpg

Back