Bevel Box Capacity 2500 Rocket

Aregg

.020 Over
Ride
Collecting my Rocket 3 GT next week, also a Honda
Have searched high and low and can not find the capacity of the bevel box for my 2021 Rocket 3. I am sure it would take less than a quart but it would be nice to know exactly.

Have searched high and low and can not find the capacity of the bevel box for my 2021 Rocket 3. I am sure it would take less than a quart but it would be nice to know exactly.
around a quarter of a quart. have someone sit on the bike to make level, and fill the rear end until fluid pours out of the fill hole, like every other differential.

Thank you, it would be my own natural conclusion too, however the owner's manual does not specify checking the oil on side stand as with engine oil or not.
Of course I could anchor the bike upright take out the level\fill plug and see where the level is. or carefully measure the amount that comes out. But then that makes the assumption that it was correctly filled in the first instance. My 2020 CanAm was undefilled by 20% from the factory.

Thank you, it would be my own natural conclusion too, however the owner's manual does not specify checking the oil on side stand as with engine oil or not.
Of course I could anchor the bike upright take out the level\fill plug and see where the level is. or carefully measure the amount that comes out. But then that makes the assumption that it was correctly filled in the first instance. My 2020 CanAm was undefilled by 20% from the factory.
The diff should be filled with the bike level as that is how its being rode, so in theory this is correct and how most fill their rear end.

From what Ive read in the manual, forget the page, the engine oil is to be checked on the side stand.

But the bike must be started cold, idled for about 2 minutes with no throttle then shut off, wait another 2 or so minutes then check the level.

Others on this forum including myself, have never been able to get an accurate dipstick reading on this bike for whatever reason.

I have changed the oil twice to know that I filled it correctly and checking the oil at a low mileage is pointless since its not burning it up between changes so I dont bother any more with checking it. this is unless you break the bike in not properly.

The bike should also have a sensor that will warn you if the level is low. Dont take my word for that, but I am almost positive this bike has that feature. Maybe someone else could chime in on that.

Hopefully this is of some help :)

from my service manual:

I used Motul 75w90 300 for the fluid aswell

PM me and Ill send you a link to all my documents for servicing this bike !

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    57.3 KB · Views: 25
Absolutely and thanks for responding.
from my service manual:

from my service manual:

Thank you what year is your service manual mine does not go into detail like that:

Thank you I will pm you. Clearly my manual is different to yours, it has absolutely nothing about Changing the Bevel Box oil and as you can see it is silent about keeping the bike level while checking the gear oil
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.34.45 AM.png

Mine is for the 2020 and 2021 rented from triumph, I was able to download all the pages and make them into a pdf. I will share them with you.

Back