Best Solo Seat for the Touring

Tank

Supercharged
Hey lads;
I'm debating picking up a solo seat for my touring. I love how they look.

But...... Which is a comfy one?

Corbin? Geniune Triumph? Another brand?

Have you ever owned a Corbin seat?

Most people either love or hate Corbins. They are not a soft, spongy seat. They are hard and at first seem uncomfortable. I've had 3 or 4 of them and they work for me. The perceived hardness provides support on long days and doesn't break down like softer foam.

That said, seats are a very personal thing. What works for one person doesn't work for the next. But many feel the most comfortable seats are Russell Day Long seats. They are custom made and are not cheap. Oh, and they tend to look like tractor seats. If you're more concerned about looks they may not be your cup of tea.

Factory solo seat with backrest and luggage rack...

5525651169_749219c265_z.jpg

Hey lads;
I'm debating picking up a solo seat for my touring. I love how they look.

But...... Which is a comfy one?

Corbin? Geniune Triumph? Another brand?

I have the Corbin. It is the third one of their seats that I have owned, but this is the only one I have had for a Triumph. I really like their products, though they are not cheap. And it is not a soft seat, so do not expect anything cushy. I have never tried the Triumph solo seat, so cannot make a comparison. I do know that if I had to do it over again I would order another Corbin.

I ended up going with the Triumph Solo seat. Ive only gone out for a quick spin but its a lot more comfortable than the stock seat!

Attachments

• 20140726_152753.jpg
    20140726_152753.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
I ended up going with the Triumph Solo seat. Ive only gone out for a quick spin but its a lot more comfortable than the stock seat!

Good news, I'm leaning towards the same seat. I have no major problems with the stock seat, seems to work decently with my posterior, but the solo seat is a lot more elegant for riding one-up. Looking good there.

Only problem with the solo seat and solo luggage rack or back rest is that my legs aren't the longest (nor am I the most limber guy in the world), I tend to just throw my leg over the rear of the bike to get on. Not sure how to get on with stuff preventing that, some sort of clumsy one-legged hopping...?

Back